Athena 2000 Sewing Machine  » Electronics  »
  • I bought this machine from the thrift store a few months ago when I got the urge to sew
  • It came with an amazing amount of sewing supplies and products
  • At first I thought it wasn't going to work but then after I cleaned it up really good and figured out how to work it I became very proud of myself
  • Although I have an older model machine, athena has been around for a while and I think I have a machine worth trying to turn into an antique

• by Carrie Ann McMillian
      This is my sewing machine brand. The older model is the one that I own.

I bought this machine from the thrift store a few months ago when I got the urge to sew.

It came with an amazing amount of sewing

supplies and products.

At first I thought it wasn’t going to work but then after I cleaned it up really good and figured out how to work it I became very proud of myself.

It took me about two weeks before I ...

• finally sat down and read the directions, and it turns out I made so many mistakes because I failed to push one button that activated the mechanism on the machine to cause it to sew a straight stitch.

I don’t want a

newer version of a sewing machine.

I like this one.

I think Athena is a nice brand.

Although I have an older model machine, athena has been around for a while and I think I have a machine worth trying to turn into an antique.

patti hart says :

I am going to be taking a machine quilting class and I am suppose to know how to drop the feed dog. Can my Athena do that? I am also suppose to have a darning foot. I have had my Athena for about 30 years and love it The only problem I am having right now is that the stitch length sometimes goes very short and I can`t get it to go back to long. Can that be fixed?

Galega says :

The feed dog can be dropped to a convenient position. It should also solve the stitch length problem you are now facing. Raise the presser foot lever, and then slide the drop feed lever. Set the lever in the position for normal sewing. The feed dogs can not be raised only by sliding the drop feed lever to. Turn the handwheel toward you (counterclockwise), or press the “Needle Position” button once or twice.

Tonya says :

where do i find the model number for my Athena 2000 singer sewing machine??

John says :

I’m not sure I fully undersatnd what you’re asking. It’s a Athena Singer, and the model number is 2000.

Galega says :

If you are not able to find the model number on your machine, which happens with old machine, then you need to know the serial number. It s near the on/off switch on newer machines, and on the front panel or on a small plate on older machines. Note down the serial number and contact Singer customer care executive to find the model number of your machine. All machines come with a unique serial number which corresponds to the year in which it was produced. It is also available on the official website of the manufacturer.

helen shoemaker says :

I have followed the directions for loading the bobbin but the thread does not catch and loat. Does the slot need to be pointed in a certain direction? I do notk now what I am doing wrong.

John says :

The Bobbin actually has to be pushed towards the left. Click on the link above for the manual. Refer to page 2. It shows the instructions, along with pictures, which should make it easier for you.

Carol says :

I actually found a good video on youtube that showed me exactly how to fill the bobbin. It was very helpful. I just went to youtube and typed in the search “athena 2000 filling the bobbin”

Galega says :

Following steps may help you to easily fill the bobbin.
    Place spool of thread on spool pin.
    Pass thread end, from inside, through the small hole in the rim of the bobbin (illustration 2).
    Place bobbin onto the pin.
    Holding thread end, step on speed controller to run the machine until the desired amount of thread is wound.
    Trim thread ends from top of the bobbin.
    That’s all you are required to do.

Roberta says :

Where do I locate the model on the machine? How can I get the books to go with it - manuals? Where can I find out what it maybe worth - I inhereited it back in 95 so I have no clue.

John says :

Roberta, you can access the manual online. Here’s a link:

Galega says :

The model number is printed on the lower portion of this machine - right hand side front. It is not engraved, hence might have erased in an old machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161101118320231/k2311a0111/1.11.07