Morrisons Elle Non-Applicator Tampons
  • The fact that these are so cheap is the best thing about them really
  • As for absorbency I thought these were not bad at all
  • I think the more expensive ones would have a coating on them which prevents them getting fluffy and makes them easier to insert, but these are not bad as cheap ones go

• by jeanne71

I cannot remember how much these tampons were, but they were the cheapest in the supermarket. The fact that these are so cheap is the best thing about them really. I will not be buying these again but then again, I am not a fan of non-applicator tampons at the best of times. I just find them difficult to insert. These are from Morrisons own brand and are called Morrisons Elle Non-Applicator Tampons. I have tried other cheap ‘own brand’ tampons from the supermarkets and I would say that these Morrisons ones were not much better or worse than any of them.

They come individually wrapped in clear cellophane, which you open by getting hold of the bit of

wrapper that is sticking up and peeling it back so it comes off in two halves. Sometimes it can be a bit fiddly finding the little bit of wrapper that sticks up and I would prefer the kind of cellophane wrapping that opens without effort when you hold the tampon at both ends and twist.

Once I have got the tampon out of the wrapper, my next complaint is that I cannot easily get a grip on the cord which sits bunched up at one end of the tampon. I pick away at it which always brings up lots of fluff by the time I can get hold of that cord.

My other complaint is that, relative to other non-applicator tampons I have ...

• tried, these are just a bit bendy which means when I try to insert it, it gets bunched up inside me and I have to pull the cord down a bit and then re-adjust it before pushing it back up. To be honest, I usually have a bit of difficulty with non-applicator tampons but these do seem particularly pliable whereas I would prefer a firmer tampon so it can be inserted easily at the right angle.

As for absorbency I thought these were not bad at all. I tried the Super absorbency ones and of course there is a choice of different absorbencies for different times of your menstrual cycle. These tampons do expand widthways which does help to

prevent leaking and I must say, despite my problems with the fluffiness of these tampons, the cellophane wrapping and not getting them in properly, I had no problems with leaking when I was using these. They seem pretty good in that respect.

When I am trying to cut back on my spending I often try out these cheaper supermarket brands of sanitary products and they are never as good in design terms as the more expensive, well-known brands, but when it comes to actual absorbency these Morrisons ones are fine. I think the more expensive ones would have a coating on them which prevents them getting fluffy and makes them easier to insert, but these are not bad as cheap ones go.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347071183030631/k2311a077/7.7.10