The Rolling Stones - Hold Back (Song)
2.0
  • Jagger’s performance thus far isn’t bad at all and I like the amount of energy which he has in his voice but unfortunately the music of the song just doesn’t strike me as all that great and it’s just sort of got that generic and uninspired rock and roll sound
  • Also, as the song progresses Jagger seems to progressively drift from any set melody and just sort of sings the lyrics in a very arbitrary fashion which actually comes off as somewhat sloppy in my opinion and just sort of randomly put together on the spot in hopes that it may work
  • The song tries to take a shift at the very end and turn to an instrumental section but this section is unfortunately pretty average like the rest of the song
  • At first I thought Hold Back was alright, although I knew it wouldn’t be anything all that special, but in my experience the track really got progressively worse as it went on as the music keeps its very generic sound and rhythm and the vocals of the track seem to become sloppier and sloppier in my opinion
  • Even if you were just looking for a simple and energetic rock song, I still wouldn’t recommend this song to be honest

• by Grimmy101

Hold Back is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their record Dirty Work. Dirty Work starts off with a pounding drum rhythm along with a guitar riff which isn’t quite as loud in the mix, but as it’s nothing all that special this isn’t a big deal.

Jagger comes in with the vocals of the track with an aggressive vocal delivery and his characteristic tone.

Jagger’s

performance thus far isn’t bad at all and I like the amount of energy which he has in his voice but unfortunately the music of the song just doesn’t strike me as all that great and it’s just sort of got that generic and uninspired rock and roll sound.

Also, as the song progresses Jagger seems to progressively drift from any set melody and just sort of sings the ...

• lyrics in a very arbitrary fashion which actually comes off as somewhat sloppy in my opinion and just sort of randomly put together on the spot in hopes that it may work.

The song tries to take a shift at the very end and turn to an instrumental section but this section is unfortunately pretty average like the rest of the song.

At first I thought Hold Back was

alright, although I knew it wouldn’t be anything all that special, but in my experience the track really got progressively worse as it went on as the music keeps its very generic sound and rhythm and the vocals of the track seem to become sloppier and sloppier in my opinion.

Even if you were just looking for a simple and energetic rock song, I still wouldn’t recommend this song to be honest.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147071182450531/k2311a077/7.7.10