Jefferson Airplane - Never Argue With A German If You’re Tired Or European Song (Song)
  • I’ll admit that I wasn’t extremely impressed with the track but I feel like it does have some potential and some interesting sections

• by Grimmy101

Never Argue With A German If You’re Tired Or European Song is a track by Jefferson Airplane which appears on their record Bark. The title may seem quite obscure to you but I suppose there’s reason for it as Slick sings all of the lyrics in this song in German rather than English so this is certainly going to be a change from typical Jefferson Airplane.

I’ve heard a few bands try songs in different languages and although I tend to not like, sometimes a band will be able to pull it off pretty nicely.

The track starts off with a piano part as well as a heavy bass line as the dynamics of the track gradually build up as it progresses.

Thus far Slick’s vocal performance doesn’t strike me as anything all that impressive but she hasn’t sung much thus far.

When the track really starts to take on more of a moving rhythm I find it to be a more enjoyable track and think that the piano part does a nice job for leading the rhythm of the track and Slick doesn’t sound so bad either.

The track goes into a bridge section after about a ...

• Jefferson Airplane - Never Argue With A German If You're Tired Or European Song (Song)
      minute and a half and this section just sort of has this odd instrumental fashion going on with the piano as well as some random sound effects in the background.

The song strikes me as having somewhat of a psychedelic sound to it just because of some of the random noise going on throughout the track and Slick’s tone has sort of a hypnotizing feel to

it, most likely because she’s singing in another language though.

To summarize, the track has a very unconventional sound to it and not really a set structure.

If you’re looking for something which is a bit experimental this track may be worth a listen.

I’ll admit that I wasn’t extremely impressed with the track but I feel like it does have some potential and some interesting sections.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147071182420531/k2311a077/7.7.10