Iron Maiden - Still Life (Song)  » Music  »
  • The track starts off with this very odd talking section which I’ve read is meant to be played backwards in order to take a jab and poke some fun at the critics deeming Iron Maiden as satanic, doesn’t have anything to do with the song but I found this humorous

• by Grimmy101

Still Life is a song by Iron Maiden which appears on their record Piece Of Mind. The track starts off with this very odd talking section which I’ve read is meant to be played backwards in order to take a jab and poke some fun at the critics deeming Iron Maiden as satanic, doesn’t have anything to do with the song but I found this humorous.

The track goes in to a melodic section where a clean guitar

plays a rhythm pattern under a slow and melodic guitar lead which has a nice tone to it.

After about a minute Dickinson comes in with the vocals of the track and keeps this melodic mood going as he sings with a vocal delivery which is almost like a whisper but not exactly.

The song does pick up around a minute and a half in as the guitar riffs get far more aggressive and the song just starts ...

• to sound more alive overall.

Although the music of this part is pretty good, I’m not a huge fan of Dickinson’s vocal performance throughout this section as I’m not really sure how well his melody actually works.

I will admit that as Dickinson’s vocal performance goes on I am getting slightly more used to it but I’m still not a huge fan of the track thus far.

I will admit that the lead section a bit past three

minutes into this track is just excellent as the harmony sounds great and Harris is easily able to maintain a heavy rhythm as the guitars go off in this section.

I’ll say that overall Still Life is a pretty solid track which I’m sure many people would enjoy if they listened to.

Dickinson’s vocal performance didn’t exactly capture me on this track but the music throughout was nice so I could really go either way with this song, solid track overall.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147071182360531/k2311a077/7.7.10