Jefferson Airplane - Star Track (Song)
  • The vocal delivery strikes me as somewhat laid-back which gives the song a very flowing sound to it which is definitely a good thing, the lyrics also have a nice reference to Hunter S
  • Although the vocal performance isn’t anything spectacular, in terms of vocal power or tone or anything like that, and the music also isn’t anything too special, I like the overall sound of the song thus far as I think it has a very free sound to it and flows very nicely throughout the song
  • A guitar solo comes in a bit before a minute and a half into the track but unfortunately I’m not really a big fan of the wah-wah effect so this solo isn’t all that pleasant to me, but it’s alright nonetheless

• by Grimmy101

Star Track is a song by Jefferson Airplane which appears on their record Crown Of Creation. The song starts off with a guitar part with a moderate tempo before the vocals come in pretty quickly.

The vocal delivery strikes me as somewhat laid-back which gives the song a very flowing sound to it which is definitely a good thing, the lyrics also have a nice reference to Hunter S.

Thompson

which I felt like I should point out.

Although the vocal performance isn’t anything spectacular, in terms of vocal power or tone or anything like that, and the music also isn’t anything too special, I like the overall sound of the song thus far as I think it has a very free sound to it and flows very nicely throughout the song.

A guitar solo comes in a bit before ...

• a minute and a half into the track but unfortunately I’m not really a big fan of the wah-wah effect so this solo isn’t all that pleasant to me, but it’s alright nonetheless.

This solo actually goes on for a longer period of time that I was expecting and I did progressively start getting used to it to be honest.

In reality, this track really isn’t anything all that brilliant

but for some reason there’s just something about the track which I really like, it has a very flowing sound as I said and the vocals just fit incredibly and unexpectedly well with the music.

Star Track may not be a brilliant song or have anything technically complex about it, but I just feel like it has a very good rhythm and flow throughout and is therefore worth at least giving a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147071182320531/k2311a077/7.7.10