Lemuria Winery, 5 Julieta Circle, Horseshoe Village, Quezon City, Philippines  » Restaurants  »
5 Julieta Circle, Horseshoe Village, Quezon City, Philippines
  • As we arrived the place, there was a security guard and a mâitre d' waiting and confirming your reservation outside the parking area before entering its premises, which I think was really great because this shows you that we will be getting a VIP treatment
  • After that, you have to walk down a steep walkway (which, by the way, in my opinion was magnificently landscaped) before reaching the restaurant
  • The wine recommended by our server was really smooth (just the way I like it) and did complemented our dishes

• by Klee

It was the eve of my birthday and I wanted to have a dinner with my dearest husband at a place we have not been to. It was quite difficult to find a restaurant where we have not been to, especially if we want it to be somewhere near our area, since we always go to try different restaurants weekly. Anyway, I did some research on hidden restaurants around Metro Manila and Lemuria Winery came out along with other restaurants which some I have already tried and some have yet to try.

My attention was drawn to Lemuria Winery because firstly, having winery linked to its restaurant’s name caught my attention. Wineries are not common here in Metro Manila. Given that, it automatically was listed to why we

should try it. Second, it was said to have a romantic ambiance, since it was the eve of my birthday which I will be celebrating with my husband, it was just perfect. So, I have decided to go for this one and called for reservation immediately.

As we arrived the place, there was a security guard and a mâitre d’ waiting and confirming your reservation outside the parking area before entering its premises, which I think was really great because this shows you that we will be getting a VIP treatment. After that, you have to walk down a steep walkway (which, by the way, in my opinion was magnificently landscaped) before reaching the restaurant. A nice table near the window was set for us. Oh yes! we ...

• also got the view. And so, we ordered our meal, of course, with wines to match our food and ended with a dessert.

And now, for my two-cents worth for this place: *Ambiance: I’ll give it a two thumbs up because it really did hold up to its romantic feel.

*Food and wine: There was nothing unique about its main course. Their desserts were exceptionally unique like the fig and lavender ice cream that I ordered. Nonetheless, the lamb and the salmon that I and my husband ordered was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The wine recommended by our server was really smooth (just the way I like it) and did complemented our dishes. And yes, they do have a long list of wines to choose from.

*Price: I think we

were paying for the ambiance. Food was a bit pricey compared to other restaurants that has the same kind of dish (except of course, for their desserts, which I think is the only thing that you should look forward when going there).

I think this place is the type, in which, its a one time thing where you should try it at least once because there is really not much to it if you’re a foodie. But if you are more of an ambiance person (a person who is particular with the ambiance) and if you are a dating machine (a person who just keeps on going on dates) and trying to impress, this place is a must try if you want to show-off. Lastly, it would be an awesome place for Valentine’s day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 77071181710431/k2311a077/7.7.10