Playstation 3  » Games  »
  • I researched for the best console of this generation
  • Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) is another problem without permanent solution, just like the 360's Red Ring of Death (RROD) but with less frequency

• by TheWeirdReviewer

2008: The year I was craving for console gaming again.

The last console I had was a Playstation 1 and I was still a high school student that time. That was also the time I got addicted to more PC games, especially Counter-Strike. That reason made me give up console gaming. MMORPGs also entered the gaming scene and consumed A LOT of my time.

After so many years wasted playing MMORPGs. I researched for the best console of this generation. My girlfriend

has a Wii so that’s out of my list. I had to choose between Microsoft XBOX 360 and Playstation 3.

Great thing I chose the PS3 over the XBOX 360. Hardware is superior because of the Cell processor. Even the US Air Force uses it. First party titles are top notch. Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Infamous, Killzone, Heavy Rain, too many to mention compared to 360 titles. No region lock for games so I can play my favorite Japanese games ...

• as well. Bluray has more capacity; that means more contents and capability to play excellent hi-def videos. 3D gaming is also implemented. It also has a built in internet browser. Online is free but they are also offering Playstation Plus for great features like free games, discounts, themes and avatars. You can also connect you Playstation Portable (PSP) for other gaming features. You can share your trophies and transactions on Facebook. Video editing is also available now.

The PS3 has

problems as well. Sometimes Bluray lens break but you can replace it. Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) is another problem without permanent solution, just like the 360’s Red Ring of Death (RROD) but with less frequency. Newer models do not have backwards compatibility.

I have no regrets buying the PS3 despite some problems. Developers like Valve’s Gabe Newell, who bashed the PS3 many times, now realize how powerful really the PS3 is. As people say it, It only does everything.

Playstation 3

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 287071181700431/k2311a077/7.7.10