Movie: Stan Helsing  » Movies  »
2.5
  • But, unfortunately, it didn’t end up being funny at all
  • I feel like I wasted 90 minutes of my life waiting for something good to happen and found myself seriously disappointed by the time the movie was over

• by Review Vigilante

I ended up watching the movie Stan Helsing Friday night because I was in the mood for a comedy and figured this would be one of those films that was so terrible, it couldn’t help but be funny. Well, it turns out I was right about the movie being terrible.

But, unfortunately, it didn’t end up being funny at all.

The film is about

a movie store clerk who is asked to fight a gang of familiar bad guys ranging from Pinhead to Jason with the help of his friends because he is apparently a descendent of Van Helsing.

When I read that description, I thought, at very least, it would be a film that promised some action.

Unfortunately, the film just drops the ball.

We never learn ...

• his real relationship to the legendary monster hunter and the movie doesn’t even spend a great deal of time talking about the monsters (though you do see them in a few scenes).

In fact, most of the movie consists of them driving around and making plenty of sex jokes (both verbal and physical).

By the time we get to the main plot, the film

is almost over.

They even seem to be trying to cram the final battle into a few minutes.

This is a movie that simply is not worth watching.

I feel like I wasted 90 minutes of my life waiting for something good to happen and found myself seriously disappointed by the time the movie was over.

It’s too bad too because this movie could have been entertaining if given the chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 116071180950531/k2311a076/7.6.10