Allsop Wheel Easy Wheelbarrow  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • At the time of my purchase, I thought I had found a great item at a great price
  • Unfortunately, that turned out not to be the case
  • In fact, there are times I have simply grabbed a garbage can just to avoid having to mess with this
  • When I bought it, I also thought the nylon would be stronger than it was
  • I think the next time I have a yard sale, this will be one of the things I have in it

• by Review Vigilante

I purchased the Allsop Wheel Easy Wheelbarrow a couple years ago for a couple of reasons. First, I needed some way of hauling my leaves and grass clippings to the curb without a lot of backbreaking work. And, I have a limited amount of space in my shed so I was attracted to the fact it would fold up when it wasn’t in use. Not to mention the price wasn’t too bad.

I can’t remember how much I spent on it at the time. But, it was cheaper than a normal wheelbarrow. At the time of my purchase, I thought I had found a great item at a great price.

Unfortunately, that turned out not to be the case. I

will say there are a couple things I do like about this wheelbarrow. I mentioned one before; the fact it does fold up when it isn’t in use.

That feature was very beneficial for me because my shed isn’t very big and is already cluttered. I did and still do like the fact this item can be folded up and will fit in an out-of-the-way corner somewhere. It’s also light weight so it is easy to get in the shed and out of it.

I also do like the fact this particular wheelbarrow will lay flat on the ground when I’m using it. That comes in handy when raking leaves because I don’t even have to pick them up. However,

• there are a couple of things I really hate about this product and are the reason I rarely (if ever) use it.

For one, it isn’t very easy to set up. You have to attach hooks to certain places just right or it won’t function the way it is supposed to. This can be a bit of a chore when you are in a hurry to get started.

In fact, there are times I have simply grabbed a garbage can just to avoid having to mess with this. When I bought it, I also thought the nylon would be stronger than it was. It is OK for some lighter jobs.

But, if you get anything in it that is particularly

heavy, you can hear the nylon starting to rip. There have been many times the Allsop wheelbarrow has pretty much been unusable and I have found myself wishing I would have just invested in a regular wheelbarrow instead. On that note, the Nylon is also much harder to clean than a metal wheelbarrow would be.

I might have thought I was getting a deal when I first bought this product. But, after getting a couple years experience with it and realizing it sits in my shed a lot more than it probably should simply because of the inconvenience, I do feel like I wasted my money. I think the next time I have a yard sale, this will be one of the things I have in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536071180860531/k2311a076/7.6.10