Futurama TV Episode: Space Pilot 3000  » TV  »
2.5
  • I love how they introduce the other main characters in the show by having Fry trying to escape the fact he will have to work as a delivery person in the future as well as the past (something he hated) and running into a wide bunch of characters, including the one-eyed Leela and the robot Bender
  • The thing I like about this episode (and the show in general) is all the satire that is mixed in both in the main plot and in the background (you just have to watch closely)
  • If you haven’t seen this show yet, I would recommend watching it from the very beginning, starting with this episode

• by Review Vigilante

I recently discovered I could watch the first season of the show Futurama on Netflix Instant watch and wasted no time doing so. I even started with the series pilot episodeSpace Pilot 3000.

” Even though the show is still on the air, I rarely watch it.

But, after seeing this episode, I am reminded why I used to watch it religiously.

Basically, in

this first episode, the main character, Fry, is frozen for 1,000 years and wakes up in the year 3000 (well, actually, it is Dec.

31, 2999) and discovers the world has changed in so many ways.

I love how they introduce the other main characters in the show by having Fry trying to escape the fact he will have to work as a delivery ...

• person in the future as well as the past (something he hated) and running into a wide bunch of characters, including the one-eyed Leela and the robot Bender.

Oh, and let’s not forget his old (and senile) distant nephew who ultimately hires him to do exactly what he was avoiding (being a delivery driver).

The thing I like about this episode (and the show

in general) is all the satire that is mixed in both in the main plot and in the background (you just have to watch closely).

My favorite part was the suicide machine and how Fry thinks it is a telephone booth (though it is clearly marked).

If you haven’t seen this show yet, I would recommend watching it from the very beginning, starting with this episode.

You won’t regret your choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 106071180850531/k2311a076/7.6.10