Futurama TV Episode: Love’s Labours Lost in Space
  • I love how they end up rescuing a whole bunch of strange (and funny) creatures just in time to save them only to find a strange one on the planet that ends up eating the whole batch
  • I know I enjoyed it this first time watching it and, if given a chance, I probably would watch it a second time just to see if there was anything subtle that I might have missed

• by Review Vigilante

Last night was the first time I had a chance to watch the Futurama episode “Love’s Labours Lost in Space. ” And, for the most part, it wasn’t terrible.

Basically, the Planet Express team is sent on a tax deductible charity mission to rescue animals from a planet that is about to implode from over mining.

Along the way, they are intercepted by a space ship commanded

by Zap Brannigan, a commander (who is likely a spoof of Captain Kirk from Star Trek) who is immediately attracted to Leela and ends up taking her crew captive until she ends up sleeping with him (which apparently was an accident).

I personally loved his alien assistant who seems so much smarter than his commander but can’t get a word in edgewise.

The part on the ...

• planet is also cool.

I love how they end up rescuing a whole bunch of strange (and funny) creatures just in time to save them only to find a strange one on the planet that ends up eating the whole batch.

But, even more, I love how the creature excretes dark matter (used to fuel ships) as fecal matter.

This is an episode that isn’t quite

as funny as others in the series, or even from the same season.

But, it still manages to be entertaining and has a few twists and turns that will keep you from getting bored.

I know I enjoyed it this first time watching it and, if given a chance, I probably would watch it a second time just to see if there was anything subtle that I might have missed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 106071180840531/k2311a076/7.6.10