Futurama TV Episode: I, Roommate  » TV  »
  • Even though I had seen it before, the episode still proved to be somewhat interesting and even my daughter, who had not seen it before, was entertained from start to finish
  • I love the couple little twists at the end and the fact his decision to remove the antenna was basically a spoof of Lorenna Bobbit (though my daughter didn’t get the subtle reference to that)
  • This is an episode that was definitely worth watching again and I would even watch it one more time if given the opportunity

• by Review Vigilante

I haven’t seen the series Futurama in a while but have recently had an opportunity to watch several episodes on our Netflix Instant Watch. One of the episodes I got to see was one I actually remember watching before; I, Roommate.

entertained from start to finish.

Basically, Fry has been living at the Planet Express headquarters and, because he is a total slob, is kicked out.

He ends up moving in with Bender but discovers a robot’s apartment is way too small for him (it consists of a broom closet) and they end up looking for apartments.

I loved the search they go through because there were so ...

• many little twists and turns about why the apartments were so terrible.

It actually reminded me of when my wife and I were apartment shopping a few years ago (only not to the same extremes).

When they do find one, it is perfect for them.

Except Bender’s antenna interferes with the satellite TV in the building and he either needs to remove it or move out.

I

love the couple little twists at the end and the fact his decision to remove the antenna was basically a spoof of Lorenna Bobbit (though my daughter didn’t get the subtle reference to that).

That part where Bender’s closet is the same size as a nice apartment was also a great touch.

This is an episode that was definitely worth watching again and I would even watch it one more time if given the opportunity.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 106071180830531/k2311a076/7.6.10