Futurama TV Episode: The Series has Landed
  • Oh, and that part early in the episode with Dr. Zoidberg was also pretty darn funny in my opinion
  • Great episode and one I would definitely recommend if you haven’t seen the series before

• by Review Vigilante

I wanted to introduce my oldest daughter to the show Futurama, starting with the first season (which I feel is more suitable than the episodes that air today). She didn’t get a chance to watch the pilot episode with me but we ended up watching the second episode, The series has landed.

This was actually a pretty cute episode.

Fry finally gets to

go to the moon, something he has dreamed about since being a child.

Only, when he gets there, he finds it has already been settled and is now a tourist trap that he feels is destroying everything the moon once meant to him.

I loved how he and Leela end up going to the real moon and run into that farmer who wants ...

• them to work for oxygen.

That part involving his robot “daughters” was actually kind of funny; even when the episode seemed to drag it out a bit.

Oh, and that part early in the episode with Dr.

Zoidberg was also pretty darn funny in my opinion.

I loved how he’s a doctor who has no real knowledge of human anatomy.

The part with

Amy trying to get the space ship’s keys out of the grab machine was also pretty funny; especially when her practice helps her fly the ship at the very end.

My daughter and I were both laughing pretty hard at that one because it reminded us of a Spongebob episode we once watched.

Great episode and one I would definitely recommend if you haven’t seen the series before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 106071180820531/k2311a076/7.6.10