Ore-Ida Steak Fries
  • I think my first love was their crinkle fries
  • I like fries that are soft and tender all the way around
  • For some reason I don't understand, of the varieties I've had in recent years, these steak fries have baked the best
  • They come out hot, soft, and so delicious

• by Orrymain

For decades, I’ve used various versions of Ore-Ida potatoes. I think my first love was their crinkle fries. Now, though, I’ve tried out another variety, and it’s become my favorite thus far. Ore-Ida Steak Fries are thick cut potatoes. The package describes them as being crispier outside and tender inside. I really am not a fan of crispy potatoes. I like fries that are

soft and tender all the way around. However, I also want them cooked.

For some reason I don’t understand, of the varieties I’ve had in recent years, these steak fries have baked the best. They are cooking the most even of all the products, and the result is that soft and tender fry that makes me smile big time.

The product boasts of no trans fat and says that roughly ...

• 7 pieces equals a serving, with 9 servings in each 28 ounce bag. That works out to 110 calories per serving, for those who track that kind of thing.

Ore-Ida Steak Fries come in the usual easy open bag, but it’s not re-sealable, which is a fault of all of these Ore-Ida products. I don’t know why they don’t add that feature to their bags.

As a whole, I really

have no complaints about these steak fries. You can prepare them many ways, but I use the oven and bake them in about 16-17 minutes. They come out hot, soft, and so delicious. If you like French fries, try the thick cut kind. I’m not sure why it took me so long to try them, but I’ve purchased them several times now since first giving them a shot.

Ore-Ida Steak Fries

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276071180200831/k2311a076/7.6.10