Enders Benzine-Baby
  • I was extremly impressed because I had never seen one like it
  • I would recommend this to anyone who likes to backpack especially kids

• by sadonna
      I have tried several backpacking camp stoves over the last ten years and never was quite satisfied until now. One day we were preparing for an outing with my son’s boyscout troop 659 when Kevin pulled out his personal camp stove. Kevin was going to demonstrate how to light a camp stove to a new scout working on a rank requirement. I was extremly impressed because I had never seen one like it.

It was a German made Enders Benzine-Baby no. 9063. I was so exicited.

This was just what I had been needing. The

Benzine-baby no. 9063 could burn colman fuel or unleaded gasoline.

It was self contained in a small box that measured 4 1/2 inches wide, 6 inches long and 3 inches high. The stove only weighed about 24 ounces full of fuel. Contained in the box it has a small fuel tank that you take out and insert the tube part only through a grove in the box then you screw on the burner unit and lay the pot holder across the top of the box.

The lid contains a couple of tools for maintaining

the stove and a handle to turn on the gas. The tank is like most with a plunger to pump and pressurize the tank. It even comes with a fuel filler funnel.

They were made in Germany in the 1950’s as far as I have been able to find out. The burner unit is made out of a brass material which makes it easy to clean up. My favorite two things about this camp stove are the fact that it has a large area for the pot to set so it dosen’t get knocked off ...

• Enders Benzine-Baby
      easily and it burns unleaded gasoline which you can buy anywhere.

When you hike alot you can’t always find a store near the trail head that carries coleman fuel. However, gas stations are everywhere. I had to hunt for two years to find the Enders Benzine-baby 9063 camp stove for myself.

I finally found one on Ebay and purchased it for about 45 including shipping. It is the best stove I have ever owned. It is easy to light and packs up very small.

Most importantly it works great as if it were still

new and does not leak gas in my back pack. There is nothing worse than to hike for a couple of days and find out that you are out of fuel because your stove leaked and everything in your pack now smells like gasoline. The fact that the stove is more than fifty years old really astonishes me at how well it still works and it is very little rust or shows signs of very little wear.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes to backpack especially kids. It’s the safest one I know of to light.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531001117980231/k2311a0110/1.10.07