Basic’s Iron supplement 65 MG  » Health  »
  • I like that this supplement has not taste and a mild smell to it
  • I don't think any adult would have a problem with taking this pill
  • I know most of it was absorbed and used by my body because when I went back to the doctor for blood tests my iron count was perfect
  • I was very thankful that I was able to avoid full blown anemia by catching it early and using supplements
  • I don't think enough people know how dangerous iron can be

• by makeithappen

Basic’s Iron supplement 65 MG is a Iron supplement when I ran in to the starting of being anemic due to other health issues. My doctor suggested that I start taking an iron supplement. I new I had to do something fast so I got a well known brand instead of experimenting with an generic brand of iron. I am happy with the results and it has helped me maintain a normal blood chemistry though I can see a few small problems with this pill.

Since this pill did help me a great deal I would like to cover the pro’s first. I will end with the cons but don’t let that mare your opinion about Basic’s Iron 65 MG supplement. I like that this supplement has not taste

and a mild smell to it. It does not leave a mineral taste in my mouth and it is a pretty tiny pill. I don’t think any adult would have a problem with taking this pill.

I love that it helped me so much. I didn’t lose a great deal of iron to the urine and processes in the kidneys. I know most of it was absorbed and used by my body because when I went back to the doctor for blood tests my iron count was perfect. It only took a couple of weeks. I felt like I had more energy and my color started to return to me. I was very thankful that I was able to avoid full blown anemia by catching it early and using ...

• supplements.

Now I will leave you with the two things to consider when taking this pill. One is that the does is 68 MG. It is very important not to overdose on Iron it could make you very sick. However my doctor felt that I would do best on 75 MG. But that would require me cutting one of the already small pills in less than half.

Once you do that the taste becomes awful and it is almost impossible to really manage the dosing. And you cant take two because then you would be taking way to much. I think it would be better for someone who needs a specific dose to find a lower and more even dosage. Maybe 25 MG or 50 MG. This way you

can get closer to the amount your body needs. Of course only your doctor can tell you that dose.

I am rating this high but I want to leave you with something we all should be told at some point. Children can be killed by taking iron. If they get to much it can harm them. I strongly recommend that you read the bottle carefully about storing this and make sure that this small tasteless pill stays far far away from children. And what ever you do, do not give a child an iron supplement before asking your doctor about dosages. I don’t think enough people know how dangerous iron can be. Don’t just rely on the child proof cap to keep your children sage. Keep this up very high!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346071179690831/k2311a076/7.6.10