Balanced B 100: Generic B Complex  » Health  »
0.5
  • The problem with a B complex is that one formula may work well for one person and not for the next
  • I thought I would give their generic version a go
  • Honestly I was not very impressed with this vitamin complex so I will not rate it highly
  • Yes I know most B viatims are but the size and shape of this pill make it difficult to swallow
  • I noticed my pee was a brighter shade of yellow than when I was taking other B complexes so I feel a great deal of this pill is lost to urine

• by makeithappen

Balanced B 100 is Rite Aids version of a B vitamin complex. To me B vitamins are the most important part of a supplement regime. The problem with a B complex is that one formula may work well for one person and not for the next. No two brands are formulated the right way. I picked up Balanced B 100 from Rite Aid because I was their anyway getting prescriptions filled and needed some. I thought I would give their generic version a go. Honestly I was not very impressed with this vitamin complex so I will not rate it highly.

The first problem I have is that the pill is huge. Yes I know most B viatims are but the size and shape of this

pill make it difficult to swallow. I usually do not have problems swallowing pills but I did with this one. So I know someone who does have trouble swallowing pills would have a problem with this B complex vitamin. It is coated but that actually has no positive effects of this pill. I do not recommend this pill to anyone having trouble swallowing pills.

As I said it is coated but the coating actually does have a strange taste to it. So as you can imagine it also has a strange smell to it. Even though this is cheap it really is not worth the money. There are other reasons that I strongly feel this way.

Of course when you take a B vitamin your urine ...

• will turn bright yellow. However after taking this for two weeks I did not feel the energy boost that I usually get from taking a B vitamin complex. I noticed my pee was a brighter shade of yellow than when I was taking other B complexes so I feel a great deal of this pill is lost to urine.

I also do not think that this complex has enough B 6 in it. B 6 is highly deficient in most peoples diets and I know that can cause deficiencies in enzymes. That in return can cause an imbalance in hormones. That means this is defiantly not a good vitamin for a woman who is or is soon to be going through menopause.

I also feel that

it does not have enough B-12. If you really want to have more energy in a natural way B-12 is your ticket. But most of us don’t really want to take a shot. I know I don’t want to. There is only 100 mg of B-12 in it and considering how much is lost to urine this is just not enough to help a person maintain higher energy levels.

I do not recommend this B vitamin at all. I do not feel that the formula has the correct ratios of b vitamins to do any real help to the body. And considering how it smells, tastes, and how hard it is to swallow it is really not a very good product for a healthy lifestyle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346071179680831/k2311a076/7.6.10