Iron Maiden - Only The Good Die Young (Song)  » Music  »
  • Unfortunately, the sound which I didn’t want to really hear from Maiden is the sound which really dominates the chorus of this track, it just comes off as a bit too cheerful in my opinion to be honest and I’m not a huge fan of it
  • The leads in the track are decent but they don’t impress me as they typically do, however Steve Harris has some interesting bass parts on this track which is at least one thing I can praise about the song

• by Grimmy101

Only The Good Die Young is a song by Iron Maiden which appears on their record Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. This song opens up with a pretty quick guitar lead which has a very upbeat sound to it but it’s a pretty cool riff nonetheless, although I do hope that this isn’t exactly one of those Maiden songs which has a really upbeat feeling the whole track.

Dickinson comes in with the vocals of this track

which work nicely and at the same time they don’t strike me as being overly cheerful, I’m not exactly sure how to describe the sound I don’t want to hear but Maiden doesn’t do it here at least.

The music during the verse of the track isn’t all that great, although I do like the galloping sound that Harris’ bass has throughout this part.

Unfortunately, the sound which I didn’t want to really hear from Maiden is the ...

• sound which really dominates the chorus of this track, it just comes off as a bit too cheerful in my opinion to be honest and I’m not a huge fan of it.

The leads in the track are decent but they don’t impress me as they typically do, however Steve Harris has some interesting bass parts on this track which is at least one thing I can praise about the song.

The song then loops for the second

verse and second chorus of this track so the same positives and negatives apply here.

Despite my dislike of the sound in the chorus, I will say that the rest of the track is pretty strong and there are some pretty nice riffs and solos throughout the track.

I’d say that this track certainly has solid songwriting but it isn’t something I’d go out of my way to listen to, I wouldn’t mind it once in a while though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146071179640831/k2311a076/7.6.10