Iron Maiden - The Fallen Angel (Song)  » Music  »
  • The best way that I can describe the instrumental opening of this track is that it has a very driving sound to it both from the three guitarists, Harris’ galloping rhythm, and McBrain’s aggressive drumming
  • Dickinson enters in with the vocal melody of the track where the song unfortunately sort of loses this driving edge but still sounds pretty aggressive
  • After the first chorus the song loops in structure for the second verse and second chorus, I have to say that the second time around I think the vocal melody does work a bit better then I initially thought

• by Grimmy101

The Fallen Angel is a song by Iron Maiden which appears on their record Brave New World. The best way that I can describe the instrumental opening of this track is that it has a very driving sound to it both from the three guitarists, Harris’ galloping rhythm, and McBrain’s aggressive drumming.

sounds pretty aggressive.

The vocal melody of the track works well enough but I’m not a huge fan of Dickinson’s delivery on the track during the first verse to be honest, although as the verse progresses and goes into the chorus it does start to sound better.

The riffs throughout the song still have a very driving feature to them which is nice and Harris’ bass line is prominent throughout the track which is ...

• great as well.

After the first chorus the song loops in structure for the second verse and second chorus, I have to say that the second time around I think the vocal melody does work a bit better then I initially thought.

One complaint I do have is the transition from the second chorus into the first guitar solo isn’t an extremely pleasant sound and I’m really not a big fan of the heavy

wah-wah effect that is on the first solo, the leads to follow the first are more enjoyable though.

After the solo the track goes back into a final chorus and ends in a strong fashion.

Overall, The Fallen Angel is a pretty traditional track from Iron Maiden, it doesn’t have anything brilliant about it but Dickinson’s vocal melody is pretty good, better than I initially thought I’ll admit, and the music has a nice driving sound throughout.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146071179520731/k2311a076/7.6.10