Bob Dylan - Million Miles (Song)
  • However, what I can say is that I like Dylan’s vocal tone on the track as he has that sort of deeper vocal tone which he developed on later records which is far superior to the vocal tone he had throughout some of his middle records, which just sounded terrible, but most important Dylan’s vocal tone really does fit with the blues feel of this track
  • The lyrics of the song have a heavy sense of yearning, hence the title Million Miles as the speaker of the track is “a million miles from you” and Dylan’s voice does an excellent job at conveying this emotion and feeling in my opinion
  • Dylan gradually builds up his vocal performance, although to no major extent, to keep the song somewhat interesting and I think he does just what he needs to
  • Although I’m sure some people may find this to just be a boring song, which I initially did, I really do recommend really listening to the track as I think it’s a solid song which features a wonderful vocal performance from Dylan and just very solid songwriting, good song in my opinion, I’m disappointed that I overlooked it for so long

• by Grimmy101

Million Miles is a song by Bob Dylan which appears on his record Time Out Of Mind. The track starts off with a brief percussion section before the guitar and a few other instruments join in the track and establish sort of a blues feel to the song.

Dylan comes in with his vocal melody which I’m somewhat unsure about, it seems to be alright but some parts work far better than others.

However, what I can

say is that I like Dylan’s vocal tone on the track as he has that sort of deeper vocal tone which he developed on later records which is far superior to the vocal tone he had throughout some of his middle records, which just sounded terrible, but most important Dylan’s vocal tone really does fit with the blues feel of this track.

The lyrics of the song have a heavy sense of yearning, hence the title Million ...

• Miles as the speaker of the track is “a million miles from you” and Dylan’s voice does an excellent job at conveying this emotion and feeling in my opinion.

Dylan gradually builds up his vocal performance, although to no major extent, to keep the song somewhat interesting and I think he does just what he needs to.

do recommend really listening to the track as I think it’s a solid song which features a wonderful vocal performance from Dylan and just very solid songwriting, good song in my opinion, I’m disappointed that I overlooked it for so long.

The only small flaw that this song has is that it may be slightly too long, nearly six minutes, but I personally don’t think it drags on to any terrible extent and it’s still worth a listen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146071179490731/k2311a076/7.6.10