Smucker’s Blueberry Syrup
1.5
  • This syrup from Smucker's was more watery than the syrup that I enjoy with waffles and pancakes
  • A downside to the syrup being thin is that I found myself pouring on more syrup than I usually do
  • It's a shame that the blueberry syrup isn't as delicious as the Double Fruit Blueberry spread, because had it been, I wouldn't have minded as much the bottle only being twelve fluid ounces or the price being over two dollars

• by CirclingCanvas

I wasn’t too pleased with this blueberry syrup. The main reason that I wasn’t very satisfied with this syrup is because it wasn’t as thick as the syrup I’m used to using, and that syrup is made and sold by Log Cabin.

This syrup from Smucker’s was more watery than the syrup that I enjoy with waffles and pancakes.

A downside to the syrup being thin is that I found myself pouring on more

syrup than I usually do.

I did so not because of the blueberry flavor, which I will address momentarily, but because the syrup soaked right into the pancakes and essentially disappeared in terms of appearance and taste.

I had to keep pouring it on, and it’s not like the bottle is that big either, so after just one breakfast consisting of three pancakes, I ended up using roughly half of the twelve fluid ounce ...

• bottle.

At over two dollars a bottle, that’s plain ridiculous.

Now, as for the flavor of the blueberry syrup, I found it to be nothing really too special.

I’ve had blueberry fruit spread that goes on toast that has offered a richer blueberry flavor, and oddly enough, that fruit spread is made by the same company that made this syrup, namely Smucker’s.

It’s a shame that the blueberry syrup isn’t as delicious as the

Double Fruit Blueberry spread, because had it been, I wouldn’t have minded as much the bottle only being twelve fluid ounces or the price being over two dollars.

It’s unmistakeably blueberry-flavored syrup, but it’s not an outstanding blueberry-flavored syrup.

Perhaps if it had been thicker in form, the blueberry flavor would have stood out more.

Ultimately though, it’s too watery and not flavorful enough for the price and quantity, and so, I’m only rating it a “3″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276071179310731/k2311a076/7.6.10