Kodak brand 2GB Mini Flash Drive  » Electronics  »
  • With its sturdy, practical construction and ultra-portable size, I highly recommend the Kodak Mini Flash Drive (2GB size)

• by blunderkind

Flash drives are a handy way to carry around data when it needs to be portable. Documents, music, photos, and more, can be moved between computers through the use of a single flash drive and USB ports. Since I am usually carrying spreadsheets and such documents between my home and work, it is often easier for me to store everything on a flash drive than to e-mail all of that data between my accounts. And since the work e-mail system blocks executable files (such as programs) from being sent, any time I am sending a program of my own I have to use the flash drive as the method of transportation.

I

have been through quite a few flash drives through time. Eventually they seem to stop working for whatever reasons, or one gets lost or physically damaged. But I have had my 2GB Kodak Mini Flash Drive for two years now, with no issues whatsoever, and I plan on having it for several more years.

This sturdy little flash drive is in a very hard plastic case that seems better equipped to handling stress. The jack for plugging into a USB port has a hard, clear plastic sheath that is easy to remove, but stays securely in place for the most part. Overall, the flash drive, case and all, is under 2′’ ...

• in size, making it the most portable flash drive I own. It can still hold a whopping 2GB of data, plenty to port around my spreadsheets and the occasional homemade program, but I can squeeze this little flash drive in my pocket and bring it to work.

No computer I have used it on has had any issues with accessing or writing to the drive. Plus, with its decent capacity, I often use the drive for both work and home use (storing photographs). It was extremely cheap - retail priced at $15, on sale for $7 when I purchased it. My only concern with this little drive is that some day

I might lose it just because of its incredibly small size. However, I have a little loop attached to it to allow me to clip it to key chains or zippers to make me more likely to be able to keep track of it.

For someone who transports massive amounts of data, over 2 GB, this isn’t a good idea, but for the casual user who has some work data and personal items to save and move, this is a wonderful little flash drive. With its sturdy, practical construction and ultra-portable size, I highly recommend the Kodak Mini Flash Drive (2GB size). It has been a very helpful little tool for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 166071179170731/k2311a076/7.6.10