Shu Uemura True Flame Red Lip Pencil  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought Shu Uemura's Drawing Lip Pencil in the shade True Flame Red, it is a bright reddish pink hue that looks like a red crayon, the only problem with a lip pencil is that you'd have to sharpen it because once the edges become dull, then you won't get maximum results because precision won't be present, you'd have to have newly-sharpened lip pencils most of the time to line your lips well too
  • I don't recommend you use this on a wet brush, you can do use it on a dry brush and still use it primarily as a lipstick, but be sure to put lots so they will evenly spread on your lips
  • I had used this for about 8-10 months until it was finished, and for only $20 I think this is a great steal

• by jbs

For special occasions, wearing just lipstick is not enough. I want my lips to have a brilliant shade and outlined really perfectly so what I do is pencil my lips before I apply lipstick, so that I can contour and shape my lips for a perfect pout that I want.

I bought Shu Uemura’s Drawing Lip Pencil in the shade True Flame Red, it is a bright reddish pink hue that looks like a red crayon, the only problem with a lip pencil is that you’d have to sharpen it because once the edges become dull, then you won’t get maximum results because precision won’t be present, you’d have to have newly-sharpened lip pencils most of the time to line your lips well too.

When I lined my lips with True Flame Red, the shade was

bright and colourful, and it made my lips alive, only even in the edges did my lips had vibrant colour and the lip pencil was easy to use, with it’s handy and thin size, you can easily stroke it and control it. The texture of the pencil is smooth and glossy, it’s not the dusty kind with glitters, and this particular pencil is not really for teens or for people starting makeup yet, you’d have to blend your lipstick or else you’ll see the edge of the pencils around your lips, so make sure to also pick a shade that will match this shade, or else you’ll look silly with your mouth painted and looking traced! The lip pencil does quite smudge easily, it does have to smudge easily as it is used primarily for ...

• blending, but once it sticks in your lips, you’d have to blend it quickly or else the line you had created will become dry. I don’t recommend you use this on a wet brush, you can do use it on a dry brush and still use it primarily as a lipstick, but be sure to put lots so they will evenly spread on your lips. This also is a great shade for lipstick.

After tracing your lips and blending it with the lipstick you have picked, you can still put on some lip gloss over all of them and the color will not stick to the lip gloss. I had used my LipFusion Collagen Lip Plump to go with this, they have about exactly the same colour in the LipFusion shade in Sexy, and the

effect was that my lips were so plump and pouty, the color was so girlish and fresh and my lips were so glossy. The effect of the lip pencil was that it contoured and accentuated the curve of my lips, and it will show your mouth’s shape as well.

Cleaning it off is easy as well, I had just used my cold cream and wiped my lips with cotton and no colour lingered after I removed it. I bought this for $20 USD and it is expensive, but it’s colour is really so vibrant and the texture is creamy and smooth, so I do recommend this because Shu Uemura really does have great products. I had used this for about 8-10 months until it was finished, and for only $20 I think this is a great steal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316071179060731/k2311a076/7.6.10