Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • Mascara is the best and the most safe way to have a long and natural eyelash look
  • I bought this waterproof mascara so I would not have to look at my compact mirror all the time to check my makeup if it was already smeared or running, but I also had to know it's pros and cons
  • Even when it was finally time to wipe my face clean with all traces of makeup, I still had hard time removing this particular one, that's the problem with waterproof mascaras, they do work at their best, and they won't give up what they have been made for easily
  • I love small bristles as they get to each and every strand of your eyelash, they are also thin and soft, the bristles are not long, which is easier because had they been any longer, I think there would be clumps of mascara stuck in between my lashes, which would be a total no-no
  • This is a great mascara however and I think every waterproof mascara will be difficult in cleaning

• by jbs

I do love long false eyelashes, but I do not love lash extensions as my cousin’s natural eyelashes were already falling out, thanks to the lash extensions she just had! I would never have eyelash extensions, and I had no choice but to stick and glue false eyelash on my eyes, but sometimes it gets too tedious and I can’t really put my hair up as it is obvious, so sometimes too, I would just use the next best thing - mascara. Mascara is the best and the most safe way to have a long and natural eyelash look. I bought this waterproof mascara so I would not have to look at my compact mirror all the time to check my makeup if it was already smeared or running, but I also had to know it’s pros and cons.

This mascara was fully waterproof, I had admired it as I had tested it’s effectiveness by rinsing my eyes with water, and still there was not a

hint of smear, nada! Even when it was finally time to wipe my face clean with all traces of makeup, I still had hard time removing this particular one, that’s the problem with waterproof mascaras, they do work at their best, and they won’t give up what they have been made for easily. This huge thick tube is very handy, it is thick in the middle so you can get a grip on it, and the handle is also thick, for better control of the strokes you’ll be doing. The bristles on inside of the handle are small and fine and plenty! I love small bristles as they get to each and every strand of your eyelash, they are also thin and soft, the bristles are not long, which is easier because had they been any longer, I think there would be clumps of mascara stuck in between my lashes, which would be a total no-no!

The scent is somehow bad though, bad and good in ...

• a way that you would want to smell it over and over again, it does smell strongly like chemical and just be careful not to get any in your eyes and wash your hands if ever you get some mascara on them.

The color is really dark black, like molten black paint that is shiny and thick at the same time. When applied it does quickly stick and dries easily, the mascara itself is thick in texture, it gave my curled eyelashes thickness and volume, they do just blend in with everything and they follow the curls of my lashes. The effect is just like having small pieces and bits of eyelash extensions on your eyes, but smaller and shorter, it was so cute. I really don’t like long inch-lengths of lashes applied on my eyes, they look so fake, plus I have a hard time looking what’s in front of me as they do obscure your sight! Upon applying this mascara, my lashes looked natural,

thick, and dark, really beautiful, plus, they were waterproof! One thing less to worry about!

Wiping it off is just a bit of a problem, you would have to rinse well and have tons and tons of eye makeup remover and cold cream, my eyes do feel sore afterwards and I can’t think of any way to remove the mascara, sometimes I do give up as my eyes hurt already from all the wiping, and sometimes it gets really icky too because when you wipe out the stuff, globs and clumps of mascara will get stuck in between your lashes, and you would have to wipe them off as quickly as possible!

This is a great mascara however and I think every waterproof mascara will be difficult in cleaning. I give this product a rating of 9 and I still have plans on using it, I just have to make sure to be gentle and have lots of eye makeup remover on my vanity table when I get home!

Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316071178950631/k2311a076/7.6.10