The Lion King At The Lyceum Theatre  » Theatre  »
Lyceum Theatre 354 Strand, London, WC2R 0HS, United Kingdom
  • Altogether there was 8 of us in my party, and we all managed to get our seats together in a row in the royal circle , which cost us altogether £416, booked directly with the Lyceum Theatre
  • Shaun Escoffery who played Mufasa and Brown Lindiwe Mkhize who played Rafiki were amazing
  • The visual effects on the stage played tricks with your mind, with different forms of puppetry, and the cast playing the roles of Giraffes and Elephants and many other animals made the visual aspects of the show way beyond anything I thought was possible to stage in our era
  • We had 3 children and 5 adults in our group, ranging from 9 years old to 62 years old and not one of us were left disappointed in anyway

• by Alfredfox

I went to see “The Lion King” at the “Lyceum Theatre” in London last night, the show was on for just over two and a half hours and to say that it blew my mind would be an understatement. Altogether there was 8 of us in my party, and we all managed to get our seats together in a row in the “royal circle”, which cost us altogether £416, booked directly with the Lyceum Theatre.

The moment the show started we were spellbound, the music began and it was like being

catapulted across the world to Africa itself. “Shaun Escoffery” who played “Mufasa” and “Brown Lindiwe Mkhize” who played “Rafiki” were amazing. Their voices were at the highest level of professionalism that I have ever come across in the Theatre’s in London.

The musical numbers such as “Circle Of Life” “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” and “They Live In You” which is sung my “Mufasa” at the beginning of the show and “Rafiki” near the end were spectacular. The visual effects on the stage played tricks with your mind, with ...

• different forms of puppetry, and the cast playing the roles of Giraffes and Elephants and many other animals made the visual aspects of the show way beyond anything I thought was possible to stage in our era.

The most popular thing about this show was it didn’t keep to the stage, not only did the orchestra play down below the stalls as like most shows but they also played the music live from two of the boxes. They also had the cast acting and singing from the boxes and members of

the cast performing through the stalls and the seats in the royal and grand circles. The whole performance was truly out of this world and is well worth seeing.

We had 3 children and 5 adults in our group, ranging from 9 years old to 62 years old and not one of us were left disappointed in anyway. In fact it is save to say that we had all underestimated the show before hand and were left with surprise after surprise from the moment the show opened to the moment the curtains closed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 326071178850631/k2311a076/7.6.10