Twilight: Eclipse  » Movies  »
  • In my opinion, the main plot was actually quite engaging
  • Bella's parents also got a few nice scenes, which I found a plus
  • What is more, I think that the movie is rather beautifully filmed and framed - there are some picturesque landscapes, and really pretty moments in Twilight
  • If you have an evening to spare for some light fun, you should consider going to see it in the cinema

• by Rachel Evans

Disclaimer: I am neither a fan, nor a hater of the Twilight franchise. While I didn’t read the books, I saw both previous movies, and on the whole found them to be a light, undemanding (if sometimes cracktastic) entertainment.

I went to see Twilight: Eclipse with no particular expectations, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it better than the previous movies, and quite enjoyable in its own right.

As everyone and their grandmother knows, “Twilight” had Bella Swan meet and fall in love with the sparkling vampire Edward

Cullen, while in “Twilight: New Moon” she hung out with the werewolf Jacob Black. In “Twilight: Eclipse”, the triangle comes to a close with both boys/men demanding Bella to choose one of them. Meanwhile, the evil vampire girl Victoria builds a vampire army in order to kill Bella; this causes the local vampires and werewolves to bury their centuries-long differences so that they could protect Bella.

In my opinion, the main plot was actually quite engaging. The rest of the vampire Cullen family finally got fleshed out, and given ...

• more screentime. Moreover, we got flashbacks with the backstories of Rosalie and Jasper. Bella’s parents also got a few nice scenes, which I found a plus.

What is more, I think that the movie is rather beautifully filmed and framed - there are some picturesque landscapes, and really pretty moments in “Twilight: Eclipse”. The soundtrack - both the songs, and Howard Shore’s compositions - seemed also very good. Thus, in my opinion, the movie is a pleasure both to look at and to listen to.

My only gripe

is that the triangle subplot appeared to slow the progress of the movie down quite significantly. Indeed, the action of “Twilight: Eclipse” would sometimes get interrupted for another Edward/Bella make-out scene. While I understand this is what these books and movies are mostly about, I think these parts could have been integrated better into the movie.

However, overall I thought that “Twilight: Eclipse” was a very enjoyable watch. If you have an evening to spare for some light fun, you should consider going to see it in the cinema.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 115071178780231/k2311a075/7.5.10