Schogetten Trilogia chocolate bars  » Food  »
  • The crispy caramel in particular makes for a spectacular food experience
  • I highly recommend Trilogia chocolate despite its slightly higher price than most chocolate bars
  • I, for one, am definitely buying it again (and again

• by Rachel Evans

I am a chocolate afficionada. In fact, I find chocolate to be one of the life’s necessities, a source of important minerals as well as a small joy of every day. Since my resources are, however, highly limited, I have to be picky with my chocolate purchases. A particular joy I sometimes indulge is, therefore, the ever risky purchasing of a chocolate I don’t yet know - especially when its price

is above average.

One such risk I’ve since been very grateful to have taken is my first purchase of Schogetten Trilogia chocolate. I appreciate most Schogetten chocolate bars (if they may be so called - the rectangular chocolates are not actually molded together, and each one is separate instead), and associate them pleasantly with my childhood, when a great grandma would buy them for me; however, no other kind has ever appealed ...

• to me as much as this one.

Trilogia consists in three layers of chocolate: milk chocolate, nougat (or perhaps noisette) and white chocolate with caramel chips. The combination is simply divine - extremely sweet, but without leaving an unpleasant aftertaste. The crispy caramel in particular makes for a spectacular food experience. Most importantly, the chocolate can be appreciated even if someone is not overly fond of one of the three tastes,

since their harmony is such that no one flavour overwhelms the other two. Moreover, while nougat or white chocolate alone can be a bit much, with the caramel and the milk chocolate they are no longer too sweet or overly bland.

I highly recommend Trilogia chocolate despite its slightly higher price than most chocolate bars. It’s worth the money. I, for one, am definitely buying it again (and again… and again!)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275071178770231/k2311a075/7.5.10