Sea Hunt: Underwater Shrine TV Show  » TV  »
2.0
  • Underwater Shrine is that I've seen it a couple of times now and neither time did it pull me in, and I really wanted to watch it

• by Orrymain

Underwater Shrine. episode 23 from the second season of Sea Hunt, had deep sea diving expert Mike Nelson in the ocean waters with a pair of archaeologists who happen to be married.

Lloyd Bridges plays the skilled diver, Mike Nelson, with Anthony George guest starring as Peter Ordway with Norma Brooks as Peter’s wife, Nancy Ordway. The small cast is completed by Ken Drake who plays a

rather odd pearl diver.

The funny thing about Sea Hunt: Underwater Shrine is that I’ve seen it a couple of times now and neither time did it pull me in, and I really wanted to watch it. It’s just I would start out watching and then realize I was thinking about something else. There’s no hook to this thirty minute episode, and I’m not sure why.

I ...

• always notice when Anthony George pops up in something, not because I particularly like him but just because he was on a soap opera I used to watch and just seeing him brings back memories of that show, so here I was, both times, noticing George as one of the primary guest stars. Yet, the characters aren’t strong enough to keep my focus. I’m not
        sure if it’s a flaw in the writing or the directing, but something about Underwater Shrine strikes a big zero in the water for me.

There is plenty of underwater action as Nelson and the married couple continue their quest. The pearl diver is just odd, though, and he does figure into the resolution which ends up being somewhat of a partnership.

I don’t know. This show just felt empty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 105071177371231/k2311a075/7.5.10