Cupcake Wars: Ace of Cakes 100th Episode Celebration TV Show
  • What I thought was interesting about this show is that there was already a repeat competitor - Erica
  • I know they want to keep the winner a surprise, but I'd like to hear more about why they reach the decision they do

• by Orrymain

Cupcake Wars: Ace of Cakes 100th Episode Celebration was geared towards the running pleasing the owner and star of the Food Network’s “Ace of Cakes” series. His name is Duff and he hates cupcakes, but here he was, eating and judging four contestants, the winner of which would be making 1000 cupcakes for the big 100th episode bash.

What I thought was interesting about this show is that there was already a

repeat competitor - Erica. I’ve forgotten what episode she was in, but I’m thinking it was the first one. If they have to repeat so quickly, this show isn’t going to last very long. Poor Erica, she didn’t last the opening round of competition, either.

That first round, the taste test, wasn’t an easy one, either. The four bakers had to make cupcakes that included Duff’s favorite foods.

• These aren’t easy ingredients either. They included pork, bacon, gummi bears, and goat cheese.

In the second round where it’s half taste and half presentation, Alyssa didn’t decorate very well and was told she wasn’t taking chances. Then there was Jessica who put tobacco in the cupcake, which turned me off big time.

The final round was where the bakers have to display their 1000 cupcakes on a standout display. It

came down to a really neat guitar and amp display versus a more commercial theme that highlighted the Ace of Cakes show. I wish they’d show more of the discussion with the judges. I know they want to keep the winner a surprise, but I’d like to hear more about why they reach the decision they do. In this case, we saw some conversation, but nothing all that specific.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 105071177351231/k2311a075/7.5.10