So You Think You Can Dance - Nine perform TV Show
  • I agree with Nigel about the lack of fluidity in her movements

• by Orrymain

So You Think You Can Dance continued on with this show where the nine remaining finalists danced in the hopes of winning the top prize. Following are a few of the things I liked and didn’t like about the outing.

–I still love Kent. He’s a small town boy who I hope makes good. He has a bright smile and lots of enthusiasm.

–I felt bad for Melinda who was told by Mia that the judges made a bad decision last week

when they sent Christina home and saved Melinda. Adam agreed. That couldn’t have been easy to hear. I find myself missing Mary Murphy. Not her screaming, though, but I’m not liking Mia as a regular on the judging panel.

–Back to Melinda, she’s the tap dancer so she is way out of her element; I agree with Nigel about the lack of fluidity in her movements. I noticed it when watching her routine. It was step, step.

• There was too much thinking about it.

–It was interesting to see who their mentors were. Robert talking about his mother was so engaging. Even hearing Jose discuss Bruce Lee and how he applied kung fu to break dancing was fascinating. Then there was Kent and his admiration for his big brother who is becoming a youth pastor.

–I liked the old 30’s dance routine with Lauren, and she stood out positively in her solo, too. Another standout for me was

the breakup/return dance with Billy. That one had a lot of emotion in it.

–Alex and Twitch doing hip hop when Alex’s background is ballet was a standout, though not really my favorite.

–Back to where I started, Kent. He danced with Allison, and I agree with Nigel that he was playing to the crowd and not to Allison. I saw it, too, so I hope he fixes that for next week.

It’s a good year, and I’m curious to see what happens next week.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 105071177331231/k2311a075/7.5.10