Bank of America
1.5
  • I am sure other people probably have not had the same experience as me but I have and I cant afford to pay monthly fees or have a bank that constantly makes mistakes
  • So I would not recommend Bank of America for those reasons

• by Micole

I use to bank with Bank of America back a few years ago but since then had changed banks because of all the fees and charges that I was receiving. I initially wanted to become a member and bank with them because it is a well known bank and everybody has heard about them. I even heard from others how good of a bank they are and how long they have been members. So I needed a bank account and decided to go with Bank of America. I went to the nearest Bank of America to sign up and was explained to me their features and the benefits

of having their checking account and savings account. I was excited and went ahead and opened my account.

Things were find in the beginning but after a while it started to go down hill for me. I would be getting random charges that I wasn’t suppose to be getting charged for, like for instance I was getting direct deposit so there fore I was not suppose to get charged a monthly fee. I didn’t realize until I saw my statement online that I was being charge a monthly fee. I called in to customer service and explained the situation and they had informed me of the mistake and said ...

• that they will fix the charges. I was then relieved and thought that it would be the end of that, until the next month I check my account to make sure it was not being charged again and little behold It was another charged.

I was beginning to think how I made a bad decision banking with them. I was told again about the situation being an error and that they would fix it and they did but after the last time I just had enough. I was also charged an overdraft fee because of the fee they had charged me that took my account over my limit.

They then told me that they wasn’t able to waive the fee. I was of course mad and frustrated and decided to close my account for good. I am sure other people probably have not had the same experience as me but I have and I cant afford to pay monthly fees or have a bank that constantly makes mistakes.

After that experience I never went back and just paid the remainder fees. Even thought I don’t believe I should have paid for since it was there mistake. I just simply switch to another bank and never look back. So I would not recommend Bank of America for those reasons.

Bank of America

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 425071177101231/k2311a075/7.5.10