Childrens Claritin: Alergy medicine
  • I have a child with asthma so I know I must pay close attention to his allergies
  • While it is not the best by far anything is better than nothing
  • You would definitely want to keep this up out of a childs reach
  • Now when you consider the price of this you really are spending a lot for a little bit of relief
  • To get your monies worth so to speak and I don't think these are it

• by makeithappen

I have a child with asthma so I know I must pay close attention to his allergies. It is not easy to do when you live in an area where everyone has sinus and allergy issues. So I need a medicine on hand on all times. I need something that will work and fast. It is better to stop the allergies before they start really bothering him and cause an asthma attack. To be honest I don’t have much faith in Childrens Claritin. I don’t feel that this is a high quality allergy reliever. My guess is that it works with people who have minor allergies but isn’t really meant for people who have serious allergies. I really suspect that this was reformulated when it was switched from a prescription drug to an over the counter drug though I could be wrong.

Now there

are some benefits to this allergy medicine. If you have a child who you have trouble with when it comes to taking pills then this is a good medicine for you. While it is not the best by far anything is better than nothing. This is a good allergy medicine for kids who need chewable tablets. Ones who do not like liquid and can not swallow pills. I have tried these myself and the taste is pretty good. Now of course it might be too good. You would definitely want to keep this up out of a childs reach.

It comes in a box and it is very easy to get them out of the package. They are not really child proof in anyway. So of course you wouldn’t want a child to get in to these and take to many. But like ...

• I said you could get it in to your child because it is small, it tastes good, and it is easy to swallow. And something is better than nothing. Now I am lucky because I have kids who can swallow pills. So I have been able to experiment with some other types of allergy medications.

These tablets are five milligram pills. They are easy to chew like I said. Now back to how they work. Not very well. Now when you consider the price of this you really are spending a lot for a little bit of relief. I can see where there may be situations where that would be fine. But in today’s world it is so important to find the best deal. To get your monies worth so to speak and I don’t think these are it.

On the other hand some insurance

carries will cover this pill. That is the up side to it. You can have your doctor prescribe and OTC medicine and the insurance will pick up the bill. Now for some this might make it worth it. If it is free or you are just paying a copay then you are getting your monies worth. I would suggest asking your doctor what OTC medications are covered or calling your insurance agency and asking them. If you don’t have the extra money to buy it yourself you may have to go with Claritin.

I am going to give it a 7. While it does not work as well as other brands it is covered by a lot of insurance carries. That makes it something you may have to take. Of course if you have the money you might want to try some other form of allergy relief.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 265071177001131/k2311a075/7.5.10