Project Wild K-12 Curriculum  » Books  »
  • We all share this world, we need this world, and the best way to change the world is through the education of our youth
  • What I like to do is pick 3 activities a week to do with my kids
  • I love to sit down with them and flip through the book and let them help me pick some of the activities to do
  • Instead of doing the same old same old that all kids do they can find a unique project that they can really learn from that any science fair judge will be impressed with

• by makeithappen

We all share this world, we need this world, and the best way to change the world is through the education of our youth. I urge every single parent to read this as well as every single teacher. Most schools do not have a nature based curriculum. However it is so easy to teach our children about the world around us and how to treat it with respect. Learning about the environment covers science, physics, math, and humanities. It teaches about animals and plants and everything that is around us. It is so easy to use Project Wild’s K-12 curriculum to teach our youth. You can incorporate it in to science, math, and pretty much any other subject.

So instead of just teaching children so they can past tests you can teach them so they can pass their tests while teaching them about the importance of our natural earth. This book is the best curriculum and

activity book on the market for teaching those important lessons because it also teaches you how to incorporate them in the more traditional subjects that are required to be learned.

Even if our teachers do not get on board with this we as parents can take the responsibility upon ourselves. This book is simple and easy to read and to follow. What I like to do is pick 3 activities a week to do with my kids. Usually any supplies I need are already around the house or can be picked up cheap at a dollar store or goodwill. Not only do I have quality time with my children they actually learn to love to learn and love the environment.

By the time they realize they are learning they are loving it. I love to sit down with them and flip through the book and let them help me pick some of the activities to do. Then ...

• the book teaches the adult what questions to ask, what to bring out and the principles behind the activity. Whether you have a 4 year old or a 20 year old it explains how to introduce each topic to the age group. There has never been an all encompassing book as through yet easy to follow and understand as this one.

Another great thing to do with this book is keep it around for when your child has to do a science fair activity. Instead of doing the same old same old that all kids do they can find a unique project that they can really learn from that any science fair judge will be impressed with. It takes the fear of science fear of science fear projects out and puts fun in. There is nothing more effective to build a child’s self esteem then for them to do an impressive science fair project.

As a parent

this book takes all the fears and worries out of teaching our children about the world around us. I have even gone as far as buying a copy to give my childrens teacher as a gift. Every teacher I have given this book to has been thankful. I sometimes even include some of the inexpensive supplies. The teacher learns how to teach the required curriculum while the child learns more than that. I have had many teachers rave about this book to their colleagues.

This is a way to put learning about our environment back in to our schools as parents. And also to teach our children if they do not learn it in school. I love that it also gives me a wonderful way to spend quality time with my kids. It is so simple and easy and if we all were to do this for our children then our future becomes a little brighter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 175071176981131/k2311a075/7.5.10