L’Oreal Colorist Secrets, Haircolor Remover: Hair Bleach  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • That is very embarrassing especially for the person who really wanted to be able to do it on their own

• by makeithappen

This product is misleading and useless unless you were already born with light colors of hair. L’Oreal Colorist Secrets, Haircolor Remover. It is made to take out dye that is in hair as well as used to bleach hair. Now it works fine as a bleach. It does dye up to medium brown hair blond. That is fine and all but that is how they should market it. This product does not do what it claims to do. It only ends up making your head a big orange mess if you use it on hair that is dyed a dark color.

L’Oreal Colorist

Secrets, Haircolor Remover does not remove hair coloring. It simply lightens it to reddish brown shades. But it will dye your roots blond. So now what you have is blond roots and a reddish brown mop. Or even a bright red mop with blond roots. Either way you will end up looking unnatural and silly and you will end up at the hair salon begging for someone to fix the terrible mess. That is very embarrassing especially for the person who really wanted to be able to do it on their own.

This product wont work on dyed hair. It will only really ...

• work if you have your natural hair color that is medium brown or lighter. So in the end all you have done is wasted your money and your time. You have also now caused yourself embarrassment. That is not the result that beauty product should do. It should make you feel good about yourself not bad.

To make it worse it takes 90 min to do the dye, it is still as uncomfortable as any other hair bleach. And like I said it misrepresents itself leading you to believe that it can un dye natural hair as well as remove color from natural

hair. It doesn’t remove anything it just makes it a crazy shade I can promise you that you wont be able to live with.

This product gets a big fat 1 from me and I rate is a DO NOT BUY. Do not make the same mistake that I did and end up with a mess to clean up and more money to spend. Just skip this one and go straight for the products that do work. Even if the other products are more expensive they are still going to save you money. What good is it spending money on a product that doesn’t work?

tericee says :

I need help. I used to have dyed black hair, healthy and shiny. I was having to root touch up three times a month. Whew I used two boxes of competitor color lifter over two weeks–nothing much happened–a lot of red strands. Then I purchased Loreal Color Zap and I got a lot more movement but it wasn`t all good. Most of the hair an inch or two from my head turned white, then about two or three inches of a strange orangy yellow and the rest is mostly dark reddish black. Needless to say I look pretty strange. I`ve been wearing hats when I go out- - I am not a hat person. Besides an expensive salon 200 for long hair what can I do and still keep my hair looking good. I want my hair light enough that the white or gray roots don`t show so much when they grow out. Help

makeithappen replies :

You have to be discriminating on how you apply this product. The roots are going to bleach easier then the rest of your head. If you want to get and even dye then start with the ends of your hair but not on your roots. How long you wait will depend on your type of hair however usually it is 15-20 min. So apply this to your ends first wait the desired amount of time and then add it to the roots. Do not apply it to the roots first or the rest of your hair will turn out a different color, like white.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315071176831131/k2311a075/7.5.10