Born Blonde Maxi: Hair Bleach
  • The problem is that I have dark brown hair naturally and I had dyed it black
  • I was very impressed with how well this product worked
  • I think it is only fair that people with dark hair get the same option of hair color that others get

• by makeithappen

Born Blond Maxi is my hair bleach of choice. You can get it at Kroger and Walmart. I will rave over this hair bleach because I have had to suffer trying to find a hair bleach that isn’t a disaster. I will review the other products I had and tell you what a disaster they were. But for now let me rave for a little while about Born Blond Maxi. It is by Nice and Easy Clairol. I have been every hair color in the world but blond was the one color I had left to try.

The problem is that I have dark brown hair

naturally and I had dyed it black. Every one knows that getting back from black is not easy. Of course with Nice and Easy Born Blond Maxi it is easy. Now I didn’t want to spend tons of money on my hair and I didn’t want to go to the beauty shop to have it done for me. I wanted the convince to get and keep my blond hair in my own home. It is thanks to Born Blond Maxi that I can do just that.

Now the name of the product is slightly misleading. The blond color you turn out with is not natural and after

you have bleached it you will have to pick a shade to go with and dye it again. Now I had black hair so when I bleached it the only color I would go to is orange. I did not want orange hair. Thanks to Born Blond Maxi I went from black to bleach blond in 90 min with only the slightest tones of red.

I then could go back with blond hair dye and let it take me the rest of the way. And that is it. Two easy steps and a few hours and I was a blond. I was very impressed with how ...

•  Born Blonde Maxi: Hair Bleach
      well this product worked. I was even happier that I wouldn’t have to bleach it 4 times to get to blond. Bleaching it once is bad enough but 4 times in a few days will just make your hair fall out.

So I love this product and it gets a 9. Not a ten because it does leave a small amount of red tone. But I am pleased that I can have the look that I want to have for a fraction of the price and time as well. Now you do have to be careful with this product because it is so strong. Its odder is

much more intense than other hair dye products you could use. So this product is probably not good for asthmatics.

If you have naturally black or dyed black hair you now have the option to take it blond. From there you can go any color that you want to go. I think it is only fair that people with dark hair get the same option of hair color that others get! I am very happy with this product and plan to use it again to take the rest of the red out and to maintain the roots. I think I am going to make a very happy blond!

tuliy says :

re : I think it is only fair that people with dark hair get the same option of hair color that others get
Yes agree, but really it depend on your hair color and what brand or level tried.

Nina says :

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT COLOR THIS WILL TURN OUT OVER DYED RED HAIR??

tuliy says :

Hi nina,
it will not be blonde for sure, but it will lighten your hair to orange color or light brown if your hair is dark red shade

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315071176821131/k2311a075/7.5.10