Safeguard White Anti-bacterial Soap (90g)  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought one bar of Safeguard White Anti-bacterial Soap 90g bar for about Php 30 (less than a dollar)
  • I think the fragrance is too much, and it means that there are a lot of chemicals on this soap

• by dzzy21rn

I want to be able to use a highly effective ant-bacterial soap, so Safeguard is the most common option that I have in the supermarkets. I bought one bar of Safeguard White Anti-bacterial Soap 90g bar for about Php 30 (less than a dollar).

Safeguard boasts of 99% germ protection and their advertising is good as well. Also this has been approved by the PAMET (Philippine Association of Medical Technologists) according to their ads, so I felt that if I wanted to use an anti-bacterial soap, then might as well use a cheap soap that has been tested already by the experts.

I normally use this soap as a hand washing soap, and not as a body soap.This bar is huge, and for its price, it’s really worth it. It can last

for a really, really long time. A bar like this can last me for 3 months of daily usage.

The smell is the classic clean Safeguard scent. It is strong. I wonder how much fragrance they put in here? It smells like fresh laundry. There are a lot of variants but I would rather stick with the white bar, because I hate the floral scents and I really do not care how it smells as long as it does the job of cleaning.

The huge white bar lathers well, and easily. Not as good as the Olay soap, but this is okay. Put some on my washcloth, and tried it on my body skin. I tried to keep it on my body skin for about a minute, but it stung for a ...

• bit on my sensitive parts. I think the fragrance is too much, and it means that there are a lot of chemicals on this soap.

I tried it on my face too. Massaged for a bit, and then rinsed off right away because I felt that it was eating up my facial skin.

This soap rinses easily, no problems there. After rinsing off, this leaves skin squeaky clean and smells fresh. However, it really, really dried up my skin. Especially my face.

I had dry flakes on my skin, my fingertips and palms are very rough and peeling off, same thing with my heels. I can literally doodle on my skin because it is very rough and dry.

I think this soap is really, really strong. I liked the antibacterial properties it has

though. I used this soap until it ran out, but I have not purchased a huge bar since. I keep a small bar of it as my handwashing soap, because I feel that it is important to have an anti-bac soap to cleanse hands and wash my underwear with. But I will never, ever use this as my body soap. This is harsh and strong on the skin. It will kill the germs but kill your skin too. I put hand lotion all the time when using this because it really makes my hands dry and rough.

I will still continue to purchase this just because of the anti-bacterial properties it has but will never use it again on my body nor face unless I submerge myself in flood waters or mud.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315071176041031/k2311a075/7.5.10