Cheetos Crunchy Cheddar and Jalapeno Flavor (8 OZ)  » Food  »
  • I normally get the Cheetos Crunchy Cheddar, and I like it, but I will not go and finish a huge bag in one sitting
  • I decided to try this one since this is the first other variant that I have seen of Cheetos here in the supermarket
  • I think that's the flavoring/chili content
  • It looked scary actually, since I know that it means there are a lot of salt, chili, jalapeno powder and MSG on each stick
  • So a combination of both MSG and sodium is really bad for those who want to avoid water retention

• by dzzy21rn

I recently bought a big 8 OZ bag of Cheetos Crunchy Cheddar and Jalapeno flavored Cheese snack in the supermarket for about $3 (Php 150). I have been craving Cheetos to snack on while watching TV or as a midnight snack. For $3 (about Php150), this is really a bit pricey as the snacks here in the Philippines are just worth Php 15 (less than $1)for maybe around 3 Oz, so I rarely buy Cheetos or other Frito Lay products. However this comes in a huge bag, so in a way, it can be worth it since a bag can last you for a long time compared to the smaller cheaper local brands that has smaller packaging.

I normally get the Cheetos Crunchy Cheddar, and I like it, but I will not go and finish a huge bag in one sitting. As I continue to eat it, the taste becomes blander and soon enough I only taste the salt and not the cheese. The cheese does taste like cheddar, and the texture of the cheese snack is really firm but easily breakable. But eating it for too long loses the taste. It’s like the taste is very monotonous. I decided to try this one since this is the first other variant that I have seen of Cheetos here in

the supermarket. There is a Cheetos Cheese Puffs too, but it’s not nearly as tasty as the cheese sticks.

When I opened up the bag, I immediately thought it smelled a little funny. Not the usual cheesy smell that I am used to with the old Cheetos snack. The smell is like sour chili, and fresh jalapenos! Upon further examination, one cheese stick still looked like the normal crunchy Cheeto snack; very orange about 3 inches long, but there were visible green specks on them. There are also a lot of excess powder in the bag too.I think that’s the flavoring/chili content. It looked scary actually, since I know that it means there are a lot of salt, chili, jalapeno powder and MSG on each stick.

I tried one, and it was really crunchy. However the taste was different from the normal Cheeto Crunchy Cheddar snack that I was accustomed to. It still has the cheesy cheddar taste, but this was sour, tangy, spicy and was really, really salty! It has a very strong taste!

I was quite appalled at first that this was really salty. It has 290mg of SODIUM and it has MSG as one of its ingredients. It means that this can be highly addictive and there’s a huge amount of Sodium content. I normally have water retention before ...

• my period, so eating this will be truly hellish for me because Sodium retention can be really high when eating junk foods. This is also bad for people with hypertension and heart failure. MSG is often used in Chinese dishes so that the taste is highly improved and people wanted to eat more.

I ate a couple more sticks, and the taste seem to be catching on. The jalapeno’s spice is becoming more and more pronounced. The chili made me want to eat more and more Cheetos! The monotonous flavor I usually get from Cheetos Cheddar is broken by the chili.

I loved this snack, and I keep buying this to stock up, but I see to it that I don’t eat a lot at one time. I try not to binge on it by putting some of it in a small bowl and stopping myself from eating too much. This way I can control how much I eat, as opposed to having to eat from the whole bag. I loved that the taste is a combination of many flavors , it being really cheesy, sour, tangy, and spicy! The chili and MSG really makes me want to eat more and more, and as I eat, I drink a lot of water too to prevent sodium retention. Every person eating food

with cheese, especially junk food, has to have a lot of water to drink. The more sodium in your body, the more water you retain. So a combination of both MSG and sodium is really bad for those who want to avoid water retention.

This is a little pricey for me since I can get junk foods for less than $3, but for the taste it delivers, this is truly worth it. I have not eaten any local junk food that tasted this good! This is not for the person who has a sensitive throat because the chili powder can really irritate it. I am not highly sensitive to it but I get the urge to cough from too much spice every so often. My mom really loves this too, and ever since tasting this we no longer buy the Cheetos Crunchy Cheddar. We only buy this variant with Jalapenos. I was correct when I said that the MSG it contains makes this highly addictive. This was very addicting and I can finish a whole bag in one sitting while watching a movie! That is totally wrong but it’s just so good I just cannot stop myself from eating it!

Cheetos has done a great job with this flavor. I hope they do not discontinue it because it tastes really good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275071176021031/k2311a075/7.5.10