Bob Dylan - When Did You Leave Heaven (Song)  » Music  »
2.0
  • Overall, the music itself is truly just background rhythm which provides nothing interesting to the song and the vocal section unfortunately goes nowhere in my opinion, this is really not a Bob Dylan song to be looking into

• by Grimmy101

When Did You Leave Heaven is a cover performed by Bob Dylan which appears on his record Down In The Groove. The song opens up with a drum rhythm along with some synthesizers which is a sound that Dylan rarely ever experiments with.

Thus far the overall sound of the track really doesn’t strike me as the sound associated with Bob Dylan at all, but

I’ll still give the track a chance.

I understand that this is a cover, but right away the lyrics just don’t impress me at all and I honestly think that they’re pretty bad for that matter.

I understand that Dylan had no part in the writing of this track, any part of it, but it’s quite an odd cover choice for a couple different reasons.

...

• For one thing, the track features a synthesizer which is an instrument that Dylan rarely ever works with, it features lyrics which are just terrible, particularly in comparison with the lyrics that Dylan typically writes, and it’s also a song which basically goes nowhere.

Although I don’t like the song I will still praise Dylan for seeming to be quite into the track, although his

tone and overall performance on the song still strikes me as pretty average, and at least not sounding as if he himself didn’t even want to record the track.

Overall, the music itself is truly just background rhythm which provides nothing interesting to the song and the vocal section unfortunately goes nowhere in my opinion, this is really not a Bob Dylan song to be looking into.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145071175590931/k2311a075/7.5.10