The Beatles - I’m Looking Through You (Song)  » Music  »
  • However, on this track McCartney really impressed me with his writing and vocal performance throughout the song The track still has a sound which is quite accessible, due to the catchy melodies, yet the songwriting is certainly more developed than usual

• by Grimmy101

I’m Looking Through You is a song by The Beatles which appears on their record Rubber Soul. Before I begin I want to stress right now that this is one of the many examples on Rubber Soul that certainly proved The Beatles were about to enter into a level of songwriting untouched before.

All throughout Rubber Soul The Beatles did keep this sort of pop sound

like they had established on their early albums, yet they also seemed to utilize much more mature and developed songwriting which proved apparent on many of the tracks, I’m Looking Through You being one of them.

The track opens up with a brief acoustic guitar riff which provides the main rhythm of the song as McCartney comes in with the lead vocals on this track which ...

• lyrics that deal with a person changing drastically from how they used to be.

The verse of this track is fairly laid-back as the chorus is slightly more alive and up-front sounding.

What’s even more impressive about this track is that it’s a song that McCartney primarily wrote yet it still strikes me as having a far more mature style of songwriting than the early records.

This isn’t to criticize McCartney, as I tend to say it somewhat often, but he always struck me as the more poppy writer between him and Lennon.

However, on this track McCartney really impressed me with his writing and vocal performance throughout the song The track still has a sound which is quite accessible, due to the catchy melodies, yet the songwriting is certainly more developed than usual.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145071175470931/k2311a075/7.5.10