Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde, Set Me Free (Song)  » Music  »
  • The song starts off with a clean guitar riff with Mustaine coming in with the vocals nearly right away, I believe on the Youthanasia version he waits for a while to come in
  • I’m not exactly sure why Megadeth chose to reissue this song with a new version but the second version of the track isn’t bad at all, it’s got an excellent vocal melody throughout and I do have to praise Mustaine’s vocal performance throughout the track as I think he sounds great

• by Grimmy101

A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) is a song by Megadeth which appears on their album United Abominations. Just as a note, this song does appear on Youthanasia as well but for this review I will be focusing on the United Abominations version which has some distinct differences from the version on Youthanasia.

to come in.

The tempo of this version also seems to be a bit faster than the version on Youthanasia but Mustaine still sounds nice on the track and he still certainly has that snarl in his voice yet also a bit of a melodic tone.

The pre-chorus and chorus of the song are both significantly heavier than the verse of the song and this is where you can hear another difference than the Youthanasia version in that there’s a female singer along with ...

• Mustaine, Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil.

The two don’t sound too bad together and you’ll be able to hear the interaction of their voices more in the second loop of the song during the second set of the verse, pre-chorus, and chorus.

I believe that the guitar solo of this version of the song is also slightly different than the original version on Youthanasia, which I don’t remember all that well, but works well nonetheless and I’m glad that it was actually changed around

a bit, although not completely.

I’m not exactly sure why Megadeth chose to reissue this song with a new version but the second version of the track isn’t bad at all, it’s got an excellent vocal melody throughout and I do have to praise Mustaine’s vocal performance throughout the track as I think he sounds great.

This song doesn’t blow me away or really impress me more so than other songs but I’ll still it’s a very enjoyable song to listen to and it’s a solid track.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145071175330931/k2311a075/7.5.10