Megadeth - Psychotron (Song)  » Music  »
2.5
  • The verse moves pretty slowly and in between vocal lines will be a guitar solo, thus far the track honestly strikes me as somewhat boring to be honest
  • The bridge of this song continues the aggressive feel of the rest of the track but the rhythm itself isn’t all that impressive, although I will say that I really enjoyed Friedman’s lead here although it didn’t last for very long unfortunately
  • Unless you’re just a huge fan of Megadeth then I really wouldn’t recommend looking into this track as there’s nothing that great about it and I’d really say that it’s solid at absolute best, it really does strike me as filler to be honest

• by Grimmy101

Psychotron is a song by Megadeth which appears on their record Countdown To Extinction. The track opens up with a heavy guitar rhythm at a moderate tempo along with some pounding drums and bass as well.

Mustaine comes in with the vocals of this track with a delivery where he speaks the lyrics rather than singing them, although he still has that snarl.

The verse moves pretty

slowly and in between vocal lines will be a guitar solo, thus far the track honestly strikes me as somewhat boring to be honest.

The chorus of the track is better because Mustaine actually starts singing and the song picks up a better flow, as well as better riffs, but the lyrics of this track come off as corny to me personally.

The song then loops for ...

• the second verse and second chorus so the same flaws and strengths apply here.

The bridge of this song continues the aggressive feel of the rest of the track but the rhythm itself isn’t all that impressive, although I will say that I really enjoyed Friedman’s lead here although it didn’t last for very long unfortunately.

To be hoenst, Psychotron just strikes me as a very generic

metal song to be honest, with terrible lyrics, and despite some nice leads and riffs throughout the song, I honestly can’t justify myself recommending this song.

Unless you’re just a huge fan of Megadeth then I really wouldn’t recommend looking into this track as there’s nothing that great about it and I’d really say that it’s solid at absolute best, it really does strike me as filler to be honest.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145071175160831/k2311a075/7.5.10