Flogging Molly - The Story So Far (Song)  » Music  »
  • The track starts off with the vocals before any other instruments join in which is an interesting start
  • I will say that I do like the part around three minutes which features background and lead vocals, I think this is my favorite section thus far in the track as the part just has this very full sound which I personally think sounds great

• by Grimmy101

The Story So Far is a song by Flogging Molly which appears on their record Float. The track starts off with the vocals before any other instruments join in which is an interesting start.

The instruments come in pretty quickly after though with a tempo that actually isn’t very characteristic of Flogging Molly.

Rather than the very upbeat and energetic sound which I”m used to hearing from the band is a very slow and darker sounding song

on this track.

The fiddle which is usually playing rapid leads is now just playing a simple line which has a melancholy sound to it.

However, I’m not complaining about this as I’m actually glad that Flogging Molly just doesn’t write those very energetic and upbeat songs or else they wouldn’t strike me as being a genuine band to be honest.

The sound of the track is still pretty good, the instruments all still work well together ...

• and the vocals still sound fine as well.

The structure of the song is simple and the track doesn’t exactly strike me as Flogging Molly, but that just because I’m more accustomed to their energetic tracks, yet the song still isn’t too bad, I could see why some people would enjoy the song.

section thus far in the track as the part just has this very full sound which I personally think sounds great.

Overall, however, the song pretty much strikes me as just sort of average, although I do think that this track may take some time to grow on me as I do hear potential in the track but it isn’t a song which jumps out at me immediately, it’s not terrible though and worth a listen I suppose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145071175140831/k2311a075/7.5.10