Jefferson Airplane - Rejoyce (Song)
  • Slick comes in with the vocals very quickly and sings with a tone and delivery that continues to add to their dark and eerie sound, however this sound does gradually go away as the verse progresses, unfortunately
  • I also think the bass lines throughout this song are pretty interesting but the song honestly seems to sort of run around in circles which is a problem that I tend to have with many songs from Jefferson Airplane
  • I’m not exactly sure whether I’m missing something with this track or not but in my opinion the song overall just isn’t all that great, the individual parts seem to be okay but they just combine too pleasantly for my personal tastes
  • I can’t honestly recommend the song because I really wasn’t a big fan of it on my initial listen, but I feel like there may be some potential to the track, but this comes off as a song which takes some time to enjoy, if that’ll ever happen

• by Grimmy101

Rejoyce is a song by Jefferson Airplane which appears on their record After Bathing At Baxter’s. Just as a note, the title of this track is spelled as “rejoyce” rather than “rejoice” to pay homage to writer James Joyce, the author of Ulysses.

The song starts off with a dark sounding section which prominent features a piano and a bass line.

Slick comes in with the vocals very quickly and

sings with a tone and delivery that continues to add to their dark and eerie sound, however this sound does gradually go away as the verse progresses, unfortunately.

The track picks up in tempo a bit past a minute into the track and the sound also seems to become fuller here, partially due to an increase in instrumentation.

Slick continues on in a pretty good vocal delivery but I’m still ...

• hoping the track will somehow just change because it honestly doesn’t seem to go anywhere.

I also think the bass lines throughout this song are pretty interesting but the song honestly seems to sort of run around in circles which is a problem that I tend to have with many songs from Jefferson Airplane.

opinion the song overall just isn’t all that great, the individual parts seem to be okay but they just combine too pleasantly for my personal tastes.

I can’t honestly recommend the song because I really wasn’t a big fan of it on my initial listen, but I feel like there may be some potential to the track, but this comes off as a song which takes some time to enjoy, if that’ll ever happen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145071175000831/k2311a075/7.5.10