Softelle Bathroom Tissue
2.0
  • As everyone already knows about me, I love to shop for bargains
  • I’m always trying different brands, to see which really has the best quality at the lowest dollar
  • It doesn’t seem to be very popular, but I like the price of it
  • The rolls are supposed to be standard sized, but I think they are a bit smaller than most standard bathroom tissue rolls
  • The only tissue that I prefer Softelle to is the DG Value tissue

• by adrean_j

As everyone already knows about me, I love to shop for bargains. I don’t feel like I have to spend an arm and a leg, just to get quality products. I’m always trying different brands, to see which really has the best quality at the lowest dollar. One brand of bathroom tissue that I’ve used is the Softelle brand. It doesn’t seem to be very popular, but I like the price of it. It is only a dollar for a four pack. The rolls are supposed to be standard sized, but I think they are a bit smaller than most standard bathroom tissue rolls. The first time I bought the product I didn’t expect it to be too soft. Most cheap tissues are always rough and uncomfortable to use.

When I picked up the package, I could tell that the tissue was a bit softer than other brands I’ve tried.

When It was time to actually use the tissue, I was immediately impressed by the softness of it. It reminded me somewhat of the brand Charmin, but of course not as good as it. It was very gentle and fluffy. I could rub two pieces of the tissue together and not hear a bit of friction. This is always a good sign when you are going to be using a product on your body. It was so soft in fact that I could see particles of cotton coming off of the tissue into the air. I like how soft the product is, but it is not very sturdy.

• It is a little too soft, and tends to rip and tear too easily. I have to wrap it around my hands a few times before use, just to prevent any ripping or tearing. This is especially important when blowing your nose with this product. Because the Softelle tissue is so thin, it doesn’t absorb very well. This means using loads of bathroom tissue in one sitting. If not, it can mean quite a bit of mess. My family went through a four pack in two days. I don’t really like purchasing tissue that often. If I pay a dollar every two days, I might as well buy a quality product that lasts. That is the reason I really don’t buy this tissue often. It is good if
        you are desperate and just need something. It is very gentle, and can be used on faces easily without any irritation and reddening.

This tissue is not really a good substitute for cotton balls. I sometimes use tissue to clean off my nail polish or makeup. Softelle is so weak that it just shreds while I’m using it. If any form of liquid touches it, it starts to crumble. I was kind of confused by this, because I always thought bathroom tissue was supposed to react well to liquids. Don’t be fooled by the softness. It may remind you of Charmin, but it is actually nothing like it. The only tissue that I prefer Softelle to is the DG Value tissue. Any other brand, by far surpasses the both of them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071174710831/k2311a075/7.5.10