Play For Her by Givenchy Perfume  » Perfume  »
1.0
  • The bottle is similar to its for male counterpart however it is colored light pink with the same play buttons taken from the stereo signs

• by becca5040

This was launched this year as the “for female” counterpart of Play which was closely associated with its face, Justin Timberlake. The print ad features still Justin Timberlake with another female model. I was looking for this in the store but I was not able to get one perhaps because this was just recently released. I got an earlier sample and the small bottle which I tried on testing.

I got hold of the print ad from a magazine as well as the details of the perfume. I was able to get the information about it including the notes and the composition. The bottle is similar to its “for male”counterpart however it is colored light pink with the same play buttons taken from the stereo signs. It has silver lace on the

edge of the bottle making it look classy and fun. This was created by well-known perfumers Lucas Sieuzac and Emilie Coppermann according to the information that I read.

This scent is classified oriental floral because it opens with orange blossoms and peppercorn. There was no floral hints for me but immediately a blast for me. The quality of orange blossoms gave me this citrus smell then aggravated by the intense spicy tone of peppercorn. The segue of this scent is a little confusing but I would characterized it as something floral woody. There is woody nuance because of torch wood, then it has tiare flower and orchid which made the floral smell of the entire perfume. The segue still has this humid and husky smell but the lingering floral hints are likewise ...

• present. Then this scent dries up with sandalwood, benzoin, tonka bean and patchouli. The dry down was more humid than before getting the oriental feel of the entire scent. It made the scent entirely warm and heavy.

The scent is conceptualized as something a woman would use in upbeat or high society functions. The name itself only begs for one thing—seduction. A constant and notable objective in every packaged scent these days. I did not like the scent at all mainly because the entire time I was observing it, every stage was warm and heavy. When it started with pepper, it already gave me the spicy tone. Then the middle notes has torch wood mixed with the notes of flowers; orchid and tiare. The base was not even delightful especially the presence

of benzoin and tonka bean. I am a bit confused also because the woody nuance is as strong as the oriental notes present in the perfume making it floral woody somehow. I did not want to conceptualize seduction in this way or what the scent would beg for. Though Play is the modern woman, I did not like its modern rule on it. At its best I only appreciate tiare and orchid as the most alluring notes in the smell. The choice of orchid is also a hoary choice. They should have anticipated the strength of it when mixed with other oriental-infused smell. It was a bundle of spicy smell which is too heavy for my nose. Loosely structured to have the floral characteristics which by the way is not visible during the dry down.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 565071174580731/k2311a075/7.5.10