Coghlan’s Trek II First Aid Kit
  • Since I tend to do a lot of hiking and walking, I like to have a convenient first aid kit on hand for those inevitable moments when I end up with a cut or scrape of some sort or another
  • I carry a backpack with me, with some food and water in it, if I plan to be outside all afternoon, but it's not a big pack, just enough space for a convenient lunch and a couple bottles, and so I needed a first aid kit that came with a little bit of everything but was still small enough to fit inside with the rest of my stuff
  • I bought the Coghlan's Trek II First Aid Kit for $10, and it was definitely small enough to go where I needed it to go

• by onerios13

Since I tend to do a lot of hiking and walking, I like to have a convenient first aid kit on hand for those inevitable moments when I end up with a cut or scrape of some sort or another. I carry a backpack with me, with some food and water in it, if I plan to be outside all afternoon, but it’s not a big pack, just enough space for a convenient lunch and a couple bottles, and so I needed a first aid kit that came with a little bit of everything but was still small enough to fit inside with the rest of my stuff. I bought the Coghlan’s Trek II First Aid Kit for $10, and it was definitely small enough to go where I needed it to go. I could’ve probably, if I was really pushy about

it, shove it into a large pocket in my cargo pants, but it worked for my backpack because it was the right size. Found it at a camping supply store too, so I knew it would have most of what I needed in it.

It came with an actual small guide book on first aid. It’s not that I expect to ever need to know how to make a splint or anything like that, but it’s a possibility I suppose, especially with my habit of paying more attention to the scenery than the path I’m walking on, and it’s nice to know there’s an actual little manual to turn to should I need it. It has some gauze and gauze pads, and tape, and then a bunch of different kinds of band-aids for the knuckles and also butterfly closures for small or ...

• thinner cuts. And a lot of the bandages are fabric, which still so much more nicely to the skin than the plastic kinds, which wont stick the minute you get them wet, or have to move the bandage if you didn’t apply it to the exactly right spot the first time around. It has some iodine and towelette packets, and the great thing is that it even came with some moleskin which helps protect against blisters, and that’s almost a given every time I go out for a really long hike. It really did come with everything I would need in an emergency including a needle and safety pins! If I were McGuyver I could probably build a bomb with the things in this kit!

It has a nice nylon zipper case, which is waterproof, and that’s a good thing because it was

something I accidentally tested the very first day I took this kit out, and ended up dropping it in a small stream from the tiny waterfall that’s going during certain seasons at Red Rock outside of Vegas. Nothing in the case was wet at all, didn’t even seep in through the zipper or anything, so I was pretty surprised how nicely that turned out. The bag is compartmentalized, but everything is a bit squished in there, and I never remember to put things back exactly where I got it from, so it’s kind of a mess now and not nearly that organized. Maybe would’ve been better if it came with a hard case with very specific compartments, but I think I like that the nylon bag tends to fit in more confined spaces in my backpack. Excellent small first aid kit for the hiker.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345071174480731/k2311a075/7.5.10