Maybelline Expert Eyes Chill Eyeshadow Collection  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this product only for $10 and this Chill collection includes soothing, neutralized and town-down colors such as pastel lavender, pastel blue, pastel pink, and one smoky color, the dark azure blue
  • When I tried creating a smoky blue appearance for my eyes, I used the dark azure blue first and the eyeshadow was really glittery, it was also dusty, which made it hard for me to let it stick to my eyelids, but I thought of using a wet brush and the stuff did quickly stick and dried on my lids

• by jbs

I bought this product only for $10 and this Chill collection includes soothing, neutralized and town-down colors such as pastel lavender, pastel blue, pastel pink, and one smoky color, the dark azure blue. I had chosen this set because they all had glitters in them and they can be easily used by complementing each other’s colours.

When I tried creating a smoky blue appearance for my eyes, I used the dark azure blue first and the eyeshadow was really glittery, it was also dusty, which made it hard for me to let it stick to my eyelids, but I thought of using a wet brush and the stuff did quickly stick and dried on my lids. My eyelids were not a glittery, shimmery blue, which sparkles even with no liner or black eyeshadow yet. The eyeshadow itself was dense and thick in texture, it is only

dusty, and the good part of having a dusty eyeshadow is that it mean it gets off easily but once used with a wet brush, it sticks and dries quickly too. After adding black eyeshadow to complete my smoky eye, I used the pastel pink to highlight the corners of my eyes, which were very subtle in color, my eyes looked humongous, thanks to the pastel pink color, and my whole upper face was now sparkling, more thanks to the glitters made by the complementing dark azure blue and pastel pink hue!

I had little trouble wiping the eyeshadow off; I only used several cotton balls with my Pond’s Cold Cream and the stuff came off easily. There were no traces of glitters and that was the perfect last straw that made me like this collection even more. It made me glitter, and it didn’t give ...

• me any trouble at all.

Since my eyes are kind of small and chinky, I only use the pastel pink and pastel lavender to highlight areas of my eyes, not to use them as eyeshadow itself, as I had tried using them and it made my eyes look smaller! I had tried the pastel blue however, and while it did make my eyes look smaller, I combated it by experimenting applying some dark azure blue too, and the whole appearance just looked fine. If I had a dark hue then my eyes wouldn’t be too small or chinky-looking. Even with pastel colors my eyes were still accentuated by the pastel pink, which I had used again for this combination, and the look didn’t seem overdone at all. The dark azure blue will not make your eyes look like you’ve been punched (unless you don’t know how

to apply makeup), nor will make you look cross-eyed, when applied with just using the appropriate amount you can still use the dark hue with finishing a natural, demure look.

The only part I didn’t like was that it won’t work really well when you apply it dryly, you’d have to use a wet brush or else you’ll be painting your lids again and again and just wasting the eyeshadow away as some of them come off as dust while you’re putting them on your lids! It’s hues can suit anybody, you can either use the half hues as highlighters like I did, or plain eyeshadow, they can be multipurpose, it depends on what you want your look to be. I rate this product an 8, and I am happy to say I have continuously used this collection even though it’s only used best for wet brushes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315071174110731/k2311a075/7.5.10