Congo Grille Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
2nd Floor El Pueblo Real de Manila Building, Ortigas Center, Ortigas
  • Our favorite food ever is actually only an appetizer in their menu, this is also their best-selling dish ever, it is the Pork Sisig, this is a delicious dish made of crispy pork meat smothered in onions and soy sauce, priced at $3.50 that serves 4 persons, this is an all-time favorite that every group should have at their table
  • The pork bits are really crunchy and tasty, with lots of hints of soy sauce that lingers in your throat, I found the onions too plenty however, and I didn't like onions that much, luckily the taste doesn't stick with the pork bits, or else I would be eating another appetizer, this is a very good dish that even non onion lovers would like
  • I have also tried their Grilled Tuna dish, also priced at approximately $3.95 a set that serves 4 persons, I didn't much like this dish, this was just a new one they had tried recently, and I thought it tasted too bland, even with calamansi and soy sauce, as I put amounts of soy sauce just for the dish to have some taste, I still didn't taste any ingredient that will give out this was a tuna dish, I had only tasted again, soy sauce
  • This is the best dessert I've had in my life and it's actually for 2 persons, but I always finish one on my own

• by jbs

Congo Grille will always be a memorable place for me, I have celebrated a couple of my birthdays in this restaurant with my friends and my friends have also celebrated their birthdays here, this is our place where we can enjoy ourselves and be merry without people shushing you. The place is big and the staff are quick on their toes. What I liked about this restaurant is that there’s an air-conditioned smoking room, which other restaurants really don’t have. I hate eating outdoors at night, as there can be bugs, mosquitoes, and other insects that can bite and bother you, but in here we had our own private smoking area at our convenience and own privacy. This place really is ideal for people who wants to celebrate, birthdays, after exams, passing exams, or plainly just to have your weekly girls’ night out or boys’ night out!

in onions and soy sauce, priced at $3.50 that serves 4 persons, this is an all-time favorite that every group should have at their table! The pork bits are really crunchy and tasty, with lots of hints of soy sauce that lingers in your throat, I found the onions too plenty however, and I didn’t like onions that much, luckily the taste doesn’t stick with the pork bits, or else I would be eating another appetizer, this is a very good dish that even non onion lovers would like! Most of the time I eat this dish alone with rice, as it can already satisfy my tastebuds with just one order.

I have also tried their Grilled Tuna dish, also priced at approximately $3.95 a set that serves 4 persons, I didn’t much like this dish, this was just a new one they had tried recently, and I thought it tasted too bland, even with calamansi and soy sauce, as I put amounts of soy sauce just for the dish to have some taste, I still didn’t taste any ingredient that will give ...

• out this was a tuna dish, I had only tasted again, soy sauce. I won’t order this dish next time again.

For chicken we ordered flame-grilled Chicken, priced at $4.20 it was really expensive because while it serves 4, you can only get one piece each. The chicken’s skin is crispy and thankfully not soft, it’s cooked crisply and the meat was tender, I liked this dish, it was only a bit pricey.

For the pork selection we ordered pork barbecue! This is another one of our favorites and the pork pieces on the sticks are big and juicy, the barbecue sauce used is flavorful and tangy, not sweet but more of on the tangy bitter kind.

We had also ordered Lechon Kawali, which is another superb dish! It is an expensive $4.50, serves only 4 persons and the serving is quite small. It does compensate by bringing out it’s good taste however, the pork skin are really crunchy, there isn’t really a lot of fat in the pork and it’s got the most tender pork meat ever! I loved this dish!

For dessert, I

have always only ordered one dessert in my life by dining at this restaurant, it’s very cheap and delicious! It’s claled the Congo Mango, valued at only $1.85, you’ll get a mango-flavored dessert that will make you crave for more. This dish is sort of an ice-cream cake, which graham crackers and mango bits and evaporated cream on top and in the middle of the graham crackers, this is absolute heaven! It just tastes like it has ice cream in the middle of the dish, but actually there’s one, the cream is very sweet, creamy, and thick! This is the best dessert I’ve had in my life and it’s actually for 2 persons, but I always finish one on my own.

Congo Grille is perfect for kids’ birthday parties, adult birthday parties and celebrations, reunions, get-togethers, just about anything else that requires boisterous and merry celebration! What’s good about this restaurant is that people won’t be mad or shush you when you’re out celebrating, this is one place where you can eat and drink merrily without having to worry about your wallet and crowd.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 75071173970631/k2311a075/7.5.10