Teriyaki Boy Japanese Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
2nd Level , Tomas Morato Plaza Tomas Morato Ave. Quezon City, Metro Manila
  • I found their uniforms cute, it was yellow in color and it complemented the restaurant theme, with the character also being yellow
  • You won't have to worry much about your hunger pangs either, if you don't get seated in 15 minutes you will have a free appetizer with your meal, unfortunately, I still haven't gotten a free plate of sushi because they can always manage to seat us in less than 5 minutes
  • As we started to order, the menu was printed in big letters which can be easily read and comprehended, there were English writing and Japanese writing as well, which I found very convenient and creative
  • We tried the California Maki, the set was only $3 for 8 pieces, really cheap considering it's very delicious
  • I recommend this to family eat outs who wants the best out of their pocket's worth, they do serve fast and the ambiance is great for a family setting

• by jbs

My family and I went here for dinner one time, and this became our favorite Japanese restaurant ever since! It has a very nice ambiance, perfect for family days, the restaurant is brightly-lit and there are a lot of waiters and waitresses around, which were really quick, friendly, and professional. I found their uniforms cute, it was yellow in color and it complemented the restaurant theme, with the character also being yellow. This place is big, it’s very spacious and you won’t bump anyone on their tables and chairs if you go to the restroom. The restrooms are also nice because it’s not just for single person, there are about 3 cubicles women, I’m figuring it’s the same with men’s room. You won’t have to worry much about your hunger pangs either, if you don’t get seated in 15 minutes you will have a free appetizer with your meal, unfortunately, I still haven’t gotten a free plate of sushi because they can always manage to seat us in less than 5 minutes.

As we started to order, the menu was printed in big letters which can be easily read and comprehended, there were English writing and Japanese writing as well, which I found very convenient and creative. The prices were not so bad either. There’s also a call button in each table, which we found very convenient. Other restaurants don’t have the originality and the money to place

call bells on the table. As we placed our final orders, in 10 minutes our appetizers came. It was quite fast, considering the place was almost full.

For appetizers we had tried out several flavors. We tried the California Maki, the set was only $3 for 8 pieces, really cheap considering it’s very delicious. I found each sushi was really big. The taste was very flavorful, you can taste them all with one bite; there were plenty of small orange eggs around each sushi, the cucumber piece was big, the crabstick inside was fat, and what made it really delicious is the white creamy sauce, it’s sort of like eating rice with kani salad. The rice was also thick, which is I think it will make you full sooner or later. This is a classic appetizer that everyone should order.

We also ordered Philly Cheesesteak Sushi, it is also priced at $3 for 8 big pieces. I just wanted to try it out this new flavor of theirs, but I doubt I’ll like it since steak and rice with a Japanese sauce wouldn’t doesn’t really go hand-in-hand. When the plate arrived, I took a piece. I was right, even it was unique in taste, it just didn’t feel quite right, the taste of the cheese with rice? It’s not really my type. The cheese was thick however, it was spreading out the hole on top of the rice, the steak ...

• was cut in medium sized bites, it would have been better eating the thing without rice, I didn’t like the taste of the cheese mixing with rice. My brothers and mother liked it however, I guess it’s just up to one’s tastebuds.

We also had their Kani salad, it’s priced at also $3, but the serving is small, only for 2 people. This dish is very delicious, the thick creamy sauce is very flavorful, with hints of cucumber and crabstick meat. Even if this is sort of like a vegetarian food I’m guessing even if you’re a carnivore, you’ll love this dish, it was just too small and we had to order another salad.

For the main course we had each ordered rice, you can either have their fried Yakimeshi rice, which is $1 a cup, it’s not really big a cup, so sometimes I order 2 cups, or you can have just their plain rice, which is cheaper, $.7 a cup. I always order Yakimeshi rice, sometimes I order that alone and eat it as there are bits and pieces of delicious meat in them. It’s really cooked deliciously, the rice is hot and very soft, but if you’re a big eater get 2 cups, like I do!

We had their specialty, their Teriyaki Boy Chicken Don, it could serve 4 people and was priced at $4, it was quite expensive, seeing the chicken strips were really not that

big and they weren’t really plenty. The taste was delicious however, the sauce was sweet and tangy Japanese barbecue sauce, and the sauce was thick and dense.

My absolute favorite is the Sukiyaki Beef Teriyaki Don, this is also priced at $4, it can serve 4 people and the dish consists of thick beef cubes in tasty steak sauce. There are onions in the set which makes the beef’s taste and aroma stand out more, and the steak cubes are really thick and juicy! They weren’t that soft however, I guess the chef was in a hurry to serve them, but they weren’t too hard also, just average. It would have been super if they were served really soft!

All in all, it was a good dining out experience. The prices are really affordable, and the quality of their food are great. I could eat here once a week and not really not like the taste, they have lots of varieties to choose from, and I still haven’t tasted a lot from their menu, which I think will be just quite as delicious as the dishes we have ordered. The service is fast and quick, and they do value their guests well because the next time we arrived, they still remembered us. I recommend this to family eat outs who wants the best out of their pocket’s worth, they do serve fast and the ambiance is great for a family setting.

Teriyaki Boy Japanese Restaurant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 75071173950631/k2311a075/7.5.10